Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sachsenhausen Archive

Hello,
    I have read in several posts the term "Sachsenhausen Archive" and was wondering if someone would mind telling me just what this is.

I purchased a Sachsenhausen KL Wehrpass along with the man's 1934 SS Ausweis several years back and up until that time I had not seen many KL books, then suddenly I see these Sachsenhausen books everywhere! I then knew that a cache must had surfaced from somewhere. Former USSR? How many were found? I am very just curious.

I think I paid around 750.00 for the two items. Did I pay too much?
    All comments appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi SMV,

"I then knew that a cache must had surfaced from somewhere"

That is the correct answer.

A lot of KL related documents, such as ID booklets (wp & sb) were kept in the Stasi archives.
    The Stasi was very intrested in KL guards & holocaust perpetrators.
    It is a well known fact that a lot of documents "disappeard" from Stasi archives when the Berlin wall fell down.

Like I said before on this forum:
    - IMO 99% of all KL related ID booklets come from an archive source.

Cheers,
    Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Thank you for explaining the SH Archive. I knew it must come from one of the old Soviet countries. The fact that they came from the Stasi makes even more sense.

"- IMO 99% of all KL related ID books come from an archive source."

This too makes sense as no camp guard would want to be caught with one of these ID books after the war. One would certainly not want to raise any eyebrows. Himmler might have slipped though a few more hands had he not used an Army Secret Field Police soldbuch during his attempted escape after the war ended.

Here are some photos of my WP and SS-Ausweis. Nothing special or out of the ordinary, however this fellow seems to have spent his entire career at Sachsenhausen.
      Attached Files

Comment

Note: SS-T Sturmba. Oranienburg
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Some nice stamps here.
                Attached Files

Comment

Weapon training
                  Kar 98k, 08 Luger, MG 26 t (Czech)
                  M Pi.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This last entry was signed by Gustav Wegner, CO of Sach. Wacht. Batl.,
                      correct me if I'm wrong, in 1944.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Richard Schade's SS-Ausweis
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

SMV-

Have no worries. That is a 100% original and absolutely untouched Wehrpas. I have a few Wehrpass/Ausweis sets from the same 'find' and all of the entries in your WP match up exactly. The Ausweis is also completely original and in excellent condition Many of the passes from this find were severely water damaged, luckily this one survived relatively unscathed. Also interesting to note is that the Ausweis is an early (circa 1933/1934) pattern, where as most of the Ausweis you see accompanying these Sachsenhausen WP's are of the later type.

This is a very nice matching set! I remember seeing this offered for sale a while back, but missed out on it. It's nice to finally know where it went

Thanks for sharing this with us

Rob
                            Last edited by Rob Johnson; 02-27-2008, 06:57 AM. Reason: horrific spelling

Comment

Hi SMV,

Thanks for showing us your KL-Sachsenhausen wp.
                              Like XXXXX, wrote earlier it is an absolute original set.

"- IMO 99% of all KL related ID books come from an archive source.

This too makes sense as no camp guard would want to be caught with one of these ID books after the war. One would certainly not want to raise any eyebrows. Himmler might have slipped though a few more hands had he not used an Army Secret Field Police soldbuch during his attempted escape after the war ended."

An example of the 1% that was caught with his original KL ID in his jacket:

- Hans Aumeier (Lagerführer Auschwitz I 1942-43) surendered himself to the allied in June 1945 in full ss KL guard officer uniform and with his papers.
                              It has to be said that the intellectual capacity of Aumeier was very low, he was totally uneducated and almost illiterate; nevertheless he got an ss officer rank in 1934.

Cheers,
                              Peter
                              Last edited by Ian Jewison; 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X