Clear All

Help please with a feldpost number

Gentlemen,
    Would someone please help me with info on feldpost number -
    59038A. Thanks in advance!
    Regards,
    Dick

Hi Dick,

That would belong to Stab II. Abteilung, Artillerie Regiment 46......deleted and no longer used 11.11.1944.

Regards, Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thank you!!!!!

Hi Ian,
      Thank you very much for the information. This feldpost number is listed on a Wehrmacht-Führerschein for an R.S.O. The photo shows a man in SS uniform. Does this add up? This thing is mint. Thank you again and sorry for the extra bother.
      Regards,
      Dick

Comment

Hi Dick,

Sounds a bit odd if he is in SS uniform! Any chance you can post scans? I would expect an SS man to have an SS license...this was not always the case though!!

He could well have trained for his license with that unit!!

Also when is it dated as photos were not attached to Führerschein for the entire war?

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Details

Hi Ian,
          I too thought it somewhat odd. The photo does not look like the "standard" ID format and the man is shown from upper thighs. It was issued at Posen 24.6.43. I am very sorry but I cannot post fotos. I have got to get dues paid!! All I have is a xerox of the ID. Thanks again for your most kind help.
          Best Regards,
          Dick

Comment

Hi
            The 2 following pics are the Xerox posted on behalf of Dick.

1st one

Comment

the 2nd and last one :

Comment

This looks like a Führerschein to a member of II/Art.Rgt. 46. The unit destroyed at Stalingrad and reformed June 1943 as an RSO unit.....

The photo and LAH stamp are not original to this Führerschein!!!!

Incidentally his unit was FP No. 59038 A, however the license was issued by Wehrkreiskommando XXI in Posen

Regards, Ian

Comment

Thank you!

Hello Ian,
                  Thank you very much for the information and the help. I will pass this on to my friend. Take care.
                  Regards,
                  Dick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X