STALINGRAD soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STALINGRAD soldbuch

Hello, I have here what seems to be a Stalingrad soldbuch.
    To a member of 276 Infantry Regiment, 94th Infantry Division.
    As with the majority of soldbuchs the actual location of the man can normally only be assumed by the date and unit he was currently serving with. I therefore deduce that this man fought at Stalingrad.

Soldbuch issued on 18th Jan. 1942 from Inf. Ers. Btl. 185.
    From there he proceeded with Marsch Batallion 94/1 to Infantry Regiment 276 Stabs Kompanie.
    He was promoted on 1st September 1942 (in Stalingrad?) from Oberschutze to Gefreiter whilst still with I.R. 276. Perhaps this time was opportune for promotions and admin. work etc because it was just prior to the actual assault into Stalingrad when the infantry divisions were preparing in a state of relative calm ?
    Next important entry is for hospitalisation on 18th November 1942 with a wound code of 25 (Skin and connective tissue problems). The hospital was Kriegs Lazarett 8/533 (R) A. This would appear to have been his ticket out of the Stalingrad pocket just before Operation Uranus and shortly before the encirclement of the Stalingrad pocket.
    He is then transported by hospital train to the next hospital (Kriegs Lazarett (r) 2/529 where his wound is reclassified as a code 34 - ACCIDENT OR SELF MUTILIATION - (perhaps he was one of the many self mutliation cases that occured in Staligrad ?).
    Saw out the rest of a the war as a convlesvent in genesenden ersatz units suffering from arthritis and TB.

QUESTIONS:

- can anyone confirm the signature or name of the Hauptmann und Kompanie Chef who has signed both promotions on page 3. It would seem he was a Stalingrad Hauptmann with I.R. 276.

- can anyone confirm the location of
    Kriegs Lazarett 8/533 (R) A which seems to have been this soldbuch owners first stop outside of Stalingrad ?

- does anyone have any information of "
    Marsch Batallion 94/1" ?

Thank you kindly for looking and any comments/corrections you can point out.

WANTED TO BUY - AFRIKA KORPS soldbuch/documents

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I saw this old thread when I searched the WAF for information on "Marsch Batallion or Gen-Marsch Batallions". Many of these had Roman numerals before them.

This is an interesting topic. I was wondering if there is any more recent info on these types of erzatz units? Were these temporary units that dissolved after they reached the front and the men were incorporated into the front-line units?

Thank you.

Comment

Normally these units, when Roman numerals are concerned I believe are the Wehrkreis.

If you look on page 17, section D:

Gen.Marschkp. IV/94/14

IV Wehrkreis
                      94 Infanterie Division

Inf.Rgt.276 and Gren.Rgt. 267 are both part of 94 Inf.Div. which was formed in Wekreis IV.

Marsch Kp. 94/1 also indicates it is providing replacements for 94 Inf.Div.

I am not sure if these were hastily formed units but basically they were formed in that Wehrkreis for a particularly Division, however I have seen that they may not always end up in the Division they were destined for. War permitted their destination.

/Ian
                      Last edited by Ian Jewison; 03-20-2016, 03:38 PM.
                      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X