No announcement yet.

Close combat list for Stalingrad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were on the top of a hill, depends what else they had in the vicinity!!!
    Maybe the helping hand of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Nice Soldbuch. I have one for an officer from this division, captured at Stalingrad and survived Soviet captivity, but this is the first time I have seen a listing of Stalingrad combat days.

I think the November dates are in error. They should all be in October. These points (141.2 and 139.5) were due west of Erzovka, and there were certainly no German troops near there on November 26. His division had already moved west to Marinovka and the front line had moved south near Orlovka.

Probably a mistake by someone with more important things on his mind.

Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank,
        I was concerned that he stayed in the same position for a long time as maps from the time show that they were no longer there! However, I have not spent too long analysing them at the moment but will try and get an overall view of where the Regiment was......

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X