Wehrpass Gebirgsjäger Regiment 137 Narvik Parachute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass Gebirgsjäger Regiment 137 Narvik Parachute

As there where just around 180-200 members of this unit who had a para training and jumped over Narvik in 1940 I show this Wehrpass of Obergefreiter Idinger.
    He was awarded with the Paratrooper Badge, EK2 and Narvik Shield. He was killed in 1941 in the High North.
    Attached Files

Wow!

Comment

Parachute training was only for 7 days. As jump injuries were low during Narvik the Fallschirmjäger training course was then shortened as well. At least I was told so. Can someone confirm that?

Comment

Great Wehrpass Ralf - from a rare Mountain Trooper ! Great to see it again !

Comment

Great wehrpass, it's also an indication of the very heavy casualties sustained by the veterans of Narvik during the 1941 offensive towards Murmansk and how few ultimately survived. Incidentally, i believe the photo of him with some of his comrades looks like it's taken in Tromsø.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Nice one, you was just a bit quicker to catch it And Price was great too.....Congrats
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
              Great wehrpass, it's also an indication of the very heavy casualties sustained by the veterans of Narvik during the 1941 offensive towards Murmansk and how few ultimately survived. Incidentally, i believe the photo of him with some of his comrades looks like it's taken in Tromsø.
              One photo has the place name Hammerfest on its back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralle84 View Post

One photo has the place name Hammerfest on its back.
                Makes sense, 2 GD was in that part of Norway winter 40/41
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X