Wehrpass with signature of Graf von Stauffenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass with signature of Graf von Stauffenberg

I came across this interesting wehrpass.
    This one has been signed twice by Graf von Stauffenberg , at least it looks like a signature of Von Stauffenberg, dated 24 January 1944 in the Military District Command Munich II
    The signature looks to good and too flued because he lost his right arm in 1943.
    Who can tell me more about these two signatures ??
    Attached Files

I have a doubt because Stauffenberg had three fingers to sign during this date.
    thomas

Comment

There were several "von Stauffenberg" soldiers and this was one of them, just not the one everyone has heard about. The rank, date and location/position of the officer have to be researched.

Comment

maybe he was left handed

Comment

I also think myseld it is NOT the famous Von Stauffenberg , but who ??

Comment

Definatly not Claus v. Stauffenberg. However, it is worth noting that Claus's twin brothers Berthold Schenk Graf v. Stauffenberg and Alexander Schenk Graf v. Stauffenberg both served in the Wehrmacht as Officers.

The man to provide the definitive answer is Colin Fraser although, I am not sure if he is active here anymore.

Regards Richard.
            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

It's not him. It' one of his relatives, Marquard, that served as an Oberst in the Ersatz Reserve, Marquard Sebastian Ludwig Philipp Maria Schenk von Stauffenberg. He was taken into custody after the July plot, but he survived the war. Not much is known. Also Claus Graf von Stauffenberg was promoted to Oberst i.G. on 1. April 1944 and this is signed in January 1944 as Oberst; so it surely cannot be him. As said, it's normally that of Marquard Schenk von Stauffenberg.

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
                It's not him. It' one of his relatives, Marquard, that served as an Oberst in the Ersatz Reserve, Marquard Sebastian Ludwig Philipp Maria Schenk von Stauffenberg. He was taken into custody after the July plot, but he survived the war. Not much is known. Also Claus Graf von Stauffenberg was promoted to Oberst i.G. on 1. April 1944 and this is signed in January 1944 as Oberst; so it surely cannot be him. As said, it's normally that of Marquard Schenk von Stauffenberg.
                Excellent information Bart!

You are right in that there seems to be little out there on Marquard, which is a little suprising really considering he was related to Claus v. Stauffenberg.

Regards Richard.
                Last edited by stgeorge64; 08-24-2020, 04:09 PM.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X