Soldbuch Propaganda Abteilung Belgien - Heeresfilmstelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch Propaganda Abteilung Belgien - Heeresfilmstelle

I would like to introduce a not so common pay book here - the man born in 1902 - initially employed with the artillery - pay book is issued in August 1939 -

from 1943 - at the Heeresfilmstelle Propaganda Department Belgium!

Later the man was with the "Wehrmacht war reporter department"! The man was awarded the War Merit Cross 2nd class with swords - and the medal in memory of October 1st, 1938! The pay book is heavily worn - pages loose, glued - but complete! I think the man was involved in making films for the newsreel - or what do you think?
    Attached Files

Can you make out his occupation on page 2?

Difficult to say what he did, I have a couple that were at Filmstelle but it depends what they were there for. One was indeed a film camerman, the other a projectionist and operated cameras to show "Die Deutsche Wochenschau" usw.

His last unit looks like Auswertezug, or plotting platoon:

Propagandakompanien bei Heer, Luftwaffe, Marine und Waffen-SS

Bis zum 1. September 1939 waren bei allen drei Waffengattungen – beim Heer sieben, bei der Luftwaffe vier und bei der Marine zwei – Propaganda-Kompanien (PK) aufgebaut. Jede Kompanie umfaßte einen „schweren“ und zwei „leichte“ Kriegsberichterzüge, einen Propagandazug (für Flugblatt- und Nachrichtenblatt-Herstellung sowie je einem Lautsprecher- und Filmvorführertrupp), einen Auswertezug, u.a. mit einem Bild- und Filmlabor, und eine Arbeitsstaffel, u.a. für die Geräteverwaltung. Die beiden leichten Züge hatten je zwei Trupps mit ein bis zwei Bildberichtern und der schwere Zug zwei bis drei Bildberichter. Somit zählte jede PK bis zu elf und alle 13 Propaganda-Kompanien zusammen 143 Bildberichter. Im Mai 1940 wurde eine zusätzliche „Berichterstaffel zur besonderen Verwendung (z.b.V.) des Oberbefehlshabers des Heeres“ als kleiner, beweglicher PK-ähnlicher Verband geschaffen, der vom OKH gesteuert nur zur Berichterstattung diente

/Ian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Jewison; 08-21-2020, 08:41 AM.
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Very interesting Soldbuch and Unit!

Comment

Many Thanks Ian and Oriano,
        yes - from this Units i dont have some other Soldbuchs...in the last years,
        I can read it as "Photograph"........so i think he was a Photo Maker.....or Auswerter....not Sure....but he was an older Soldier...Born 1902.....
        Attached Files

Comment

I wonder if he was a Bildauswerter - photo interpreter, or a photographer
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Nice and interesting soldbuch, Stefan.

The FP number matches the propaganda Kompanie Belgien. Disbanded on 2 oct 44.

This one would fit in my collection

Comment

From the entries so far definitely not a member of a filmtrupp.

Comment

Many Thanks for your comments - so i think he was in the Photo Trupp - Photographer.......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X