Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hy,

I think its a copy.

I found one person named Otto Schilling SS Nr. 290 952 and no nsdap number, who was promoted to SS Obersturmführer on 09.11.1944. Your Soldbuch is from 01.10.44.

Second thing is, there are no dates for the medals listed. The nsdap medal for ten years and the guy has no nsdap number, very strange.

regards magma

Comment

Thank you. It,s not my soldbuch but it,s for sale

Comment

He was FP Nr. 26099 AG - 5.1.1945 Kommandeur der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD Drontheim.

"It should not have become part of the business when they were not allowed to build a radio station, and Gisle Rinnan was considered physically weak and unable to cope with the climate in Kirkenes by Obersturmführer Otto Schilling and sent to Tromsø. The state police are said to have assisted in finding a place to stay for Rinnan."

Otherwise, state police officer Viktor Larsen lined up as a driver for the German security police during the evacuation, due to his qualities as an acquaintance and car mechanic. Before the evacuation was initiated, Larsen is said to have driven around the district to warn people, mainly NS members, that the evacuation would be carried out, and that buildings as ammunition depots would be blown up, and homes would be burned. Larsen and Killi are said to have traveled to Jarfjord and warned people there that fighting could take place there in the near future. In the rivers, the same thing was done, and they also announced that both the bridges and the sawmill would be blown up. These trips were made together with Schilling who was the boss of Sipo. There was also talk of blasting tunnels and caves where people stayed, but this was not done. Among other things, this must have been the case in Bjørnevatn where most of the population stayed in a tunnel, this was also known to the State Police, without any of these being forced out.

Department of Archeology, History, Religious Studies and Theology
        State police Tromsø Department 1941-1945

https://munin.uit.no/bitstream/handl...=2&isAllowed=y

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

This one makes me a little nervous, everything is just so clear and perfect.

Comment

It looks good to me. The signatures look good with a natural flow, including that of Schilling, and are not rushed or guessed at and it just has a generally good look to it.
            I've got a few Soldbücher that have an award entry without the date listed next to it and they were won after the SB was issued so even less of a reason to miss it off but the truth is it happened.

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X