Real or fake Waffen SS Totenkopf Wehrpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or fake Waffen SS Totenkopf Wehrpass

As a new member, I am asking everyone's opinion on this SS Wehrpass. After reading many comments about fake documents listing KL Gross Rosen and Flossenberg, I am nervous this is a fake. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Wehrpass

Hello, this is an original military pass, but it was probably stolen from a Czech archive at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterStahl View Post
      Hello, this is an original military pass, but it was probably stolen from a Czech archive at some point.
      Honest question, is there any further info on that? Would be interesting to read.

Best
      H
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Block 10, Schooling.
        • None. Illiterate

Block 11, Foreign Languages.
        • Rum = Romanian
        • Ung = Hungarian

I do not know what the abbreviation "i.W." means; can't find it in the German Military Abbreviations handbook, nor online.

-- Guy
        Last edited by GHP; 05-21-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I think " i. W. " means "in Worten" (i.(n) W.(orten).

He can only speak the two languages, not write as he is "Analphabe" .

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by PeterStahl View Post
            Not stolen but saved as archives had to be destroyed when the wall came down in the late 80's : so many WW2 archives were destroyed in all the east block countries !
            In the Berlin DDR area , a german employee saved so many interesting SB and WP from the destruction : WSS , FJ , RK wearers , HG panzer ...
            This WP is 100% original and untouched .
            Nick

Comment

Here are lots of other examples in the Czech Archives:

http://www.vuapraha.cz/node/119

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                I think " i. W. " means "in Worten" (i.(n) W.(orten).

He can only speak the two languages, not write as he is "Analphabe" .

Gerdan
                Gerdan, that makes sense; thanks!

Cheers,
                -- Guy

Comment

Thank you very much, everyone! Your replies are greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                    Not stolen but saved as archives had to be destroyed when the wall came down in the late 80's : so many WW2 archives were destroyed in all the east block countries !
                    In the Berlin DDR area , a german employee saved so many interesting SB and WP from the destruction : WSS , FJ , RK wearers , HG panzer ...
                    This WP is 100% original and untouched .
                    Nick
                    well Sir i disagree ,a lot was stolen in criminal way ,well know fact.even one dealer from Hamburg has done that ,may you tell me abaut any archiv you know wich was destroyed? in east or west .

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
                      well Sir i disagree ,a lot was stolen in criminal way ,well know fact.even one dealer from Hamburg has done that ,may you tell me abaut any archiv you know wich was destroyed? in east or west .
                      I'm talking about only the east side archives destructions , not the west side .
                      In 1989/90 east Berlin Stasi Archives destroyed : it's a fact . We all know the communist period Archives saved and restored later but the destroying of stored WW2 Artifacts is not so well known .
                      It has been a well known source for european/german collectors at this time .
                      Same for the czech source .
                      Criminal way : do you want to talk about the US Army Archives of the Nuremberg trial stolen in Germany and sold on the european market in the 80's ?
                      A typical example …
                      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                        I'm talking about only the east side archives destructions , not the west side .
                        In 1989/90 east Berlin Stasi Archives destroyed : it's a fact . We all know the communist period Archives saved and restored later but the destroying of stored WW2 Artifacts is not so well known .
                        It has been a well known source for european/german collectors at this time .
                        Same for the czech source .
                        Criminal way : do you want to talk about the US Army Archives of the Nuremberg trial stolen in Germany and sold on the european market in the 80's ?
                        A typical example …
                        Nick
                        80"s are not my collector time ,but 90"s yes i remember a guy from Czech in late 90"s on a show in Berlin Alexanderplatz near TV tower ,he has a bana box of all what you want ,from Prague archiv ,complet WSS documents sets,he even told me after two beers how he get them i meet him later in bar after i bought sahariana tropical tunic for 200 DM

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X