Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

44th Infantry Div. SB

I recently acquired the personal Documents from the Kriegspfarrer of the

Division Karl Geist. He was captured at Stalingrad and returned from captivity in

1950. All comments welcome. Cheers Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SJP; 05-13-2020, 11:28 PM.

really greatbsoldbuch, of a chaplain, of one division very interesting, prisoner to Stalingrad and, also this very rare, survived to bis imprisonment ....

Congrats!
    Oriano

Comment

Lucky to have survived, a strong man for sure. I don't think it was easy for a german priest to be prisoner of the russian comunists!

Comment

Great Soldbuch. I've always liked the clergy papers. Thanks for showing this.
        Jeff

Comment

Lovely piece! Never saw one that returned from captivity,
          Thanks for sharing,

Mats

Comment

Not rare at all to see ex-POW's documents. I have a bunch from soldiers returned from american, british o french captivity. Much more rare to see a Soldbuch belonged to a prisoner from Stalingrad. Most of them starved or died from diseases. You had to be a strong man with god by your side to survive

Comment

Interesting a CZ27 pistol datet 21th november 1942.....

the 44 HUD Division, Austrian and with many Catholics, is a division that has had several publications of veterans, surely there should be somewhere more news of this chaplain ...

Comment

Hello,
                very nice SB!
                Perhaps the Pistol issued due the situation in the "Kessel"?
                As Mufasa stated, you will probably find more information in the 44. HuD publication. I will have a look in the newspaper "Alte Kameraden" I have for this Kriegspfarrer.

Greetings from Italy
                Pietro

Comment

I have "Die 44. Infanterie Division" by Anton Schimak, Karl Lamprecht, Friedrich Dettmer and het is named on page 371 in the list of Divisionspfarrer.

Kath.Kr.Pf. Geist 1.11.1941 - 30.1.1943 Kriegsgefangenschaft Stalingrad

Nothing you don't know yet but there might be more mentioned in the book. It pops-up every now and then on ebay.de

Mats

Comment

I also try to search in the reducist book " Stalingrad - Ein Rückblick nach 60 Jahren: 44. Infanterie Division "Hoch- und Deutschmeister" but no news...
                    Oriano

Comment

Thanks to all the comments. I'll post the rest of the group in the next few days.
                      I have more information about him also
                      __________________________________________________ __________________
                      Cheers Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X