Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Soldbuch Artillerie Regiment 2

Hello Gents,

I recently acquired a soldbuch of Oberwachtmeister Franz Streck.
    As this is my first one, I have a few questions.
    I understand this is a replacement soldbuch that has been delivered on februar 8th 1945 by the Schwere Artillerie Ersatz und Ausbildung Abteilung (Mot) 38 – 21 Batterie.
    It seems he's been assigned to Schewere Artillerie Ersatz und Ausbildung Abteilung (mot) 33 or 39 then to Leicht Artillerie Ersatz und Ausbildung Abteilung 2 38/2 in Schwerin (I cant read what's after the /).
    He's got vaccinated for smallpox in september 15th 1939, typhus on june 14th 1943, dysentery in june 16th 1943 and cholera in april 15th 1943.
    There's been a security check on ferbuary 8th 1945 at the Batterie List(?) n°6.
    Two changes of WehrSoldGruppe are written in march 1st 41 group 12 and september 9th 43 group 11. From what I found, group 12 is for Feldwebel and group 11 is for Oberfeldwebel and Stabsfeldwebel. This last group matches the rank of Oberwachtmeister.
    However, I can't read the Kriegsbesoldung chapter on page 19.
    He's been awarded the commemorative medal of 1st october 1938 in january 13th 40, the Iron Cross second class on december 28th 1940, wound badge in black on february 17th 42, East Front medal in august 7th 42, Sturmabzeichen on september 1st 42, Iron Cross First class on august 1st 43, wound badge in silver in november 11th 43 and KVKII with swords in january 30th 45.
    I can't make out what's following the annotation of the silver wound badge and of the KVK II.
    Both SturmAbzeichen and IC I are annoted with 12.PzDiv. These informations make sense as the soldbuch shows that Franz Erkennungmarke is labelled with 4./A.R.2 -19- (what does 19 stands for?)

So far I assume that M.Streck has been assigned to an artillerie training unit after receiving his silver wound badge.

I'd like to know what you think and also if you can answer my questions.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nico_P; 05-05-2020, 07:46 AM.

19 is the number of the dog tag, that means it is the 19th dog tag used by this unit.

The Wound Badge in Silver is being awarded by Reserve Laarett Radom.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Entry

3.1.1945 Kriegsverdienstkreuz Erster Klasse mit Schwertern

Gerdan

Comment

Sorry I forgot:

after the KVK entry is only written " F. d. R. " - Für die Richtigkeit " - for the accuracy
        and the signature

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the informations. I see on page 18 that he has been wounded quite often by Handgrenade, mortar or artillery (shrapnel) causes.
          However, I can't make out what's written on page 19, any clues? I understand the column is for any remarks concerning the hospital exit but the annotations are not readable for me.

Thanks

Comment

page 19

"Friedensgebührnisempfänger seit 1.9.1939 v.(on) St.(andort) Geb.(ührniss) Stelle Arnswalde" -

sig.

Oberzahlmeister "

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choszczno

It has to day with his military salary.

Gerdan

Comment

Addition:

The entries on page 19 are not related with any hospitals but only with military renumeration.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks a lot Gerdan as I was not able to read page 19 as well. I just realized that I made a typo when I wrote the page number. I was talking about page 13.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X