Help with a Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a Soldbuch

Looking for some help with this soldiers locations please.

I believe he was a driver for most of it with MOT 70 but I see some other unit numbers also marked up. Searching the internet I can not find anything for MOT 70 so would be great if someone could provide a good web link that helps identify locations.

Also put a his awards page in ….can see he got the KVK class 2 but can not make out the other 2 so hope someone with better trained eyes than me can help.

Appreciate any help guys.

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

Hi Gary,

I’m reading it as ostmedaille (Russian front medal) and Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz (wound badge in black, but the entry is abbreviated) , but I could be wrong so probably best to wait for one of the ‘old hands’ for 100% confirmation,

Regards

Will
    Last edited by Willmore; 05-01-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks Will....all help is appreciated.

Gary

Comment

I confirm the decorations, for what can I read: war merit cross II class, Ostmedaille and black wound badge.

Regarding the unit, what you read is just part of the Ersatz unit he belonged to: Artillerie Ersatz Abteilung (motorisierte) 70.
        His actual operational units are covered by the paper glued during his captivity.
        Reading on the next pages however we can read on 1st September 1944 a security check form the 165 Artillerie Regiment (am I correct?). This unit fought in Italy with the 65.Infenterie Division.
        http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...tReg/AR165.htm

Before the end of the war he was transfered to another unit, and you can read it at page 14 and 20: III battalion of Regiment Oppeln. Unfortunately I found nothing about this unit, probably it was put togheter in the last days of the war

Comment

Indeed, looks like Kriegsverdienst Kreuz II Klasse, Ostmedaille and Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.
          Is the added paper on page 4 fully glued in? his field units would be listed underneath it. On the other pages i can see entries from II.Btl./Artillerie-Regiment 72 and Artillerie-Regiment 165.

Edit: i see Ironcrown was first.
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Thanks for the additional information guys.
            Yes the POW info has been glued over his soldbuch information on page 4.
            I have added another couple of pages that may also help pin him down.

Thanks
            Gary
            Attached Files

Comment

Not much more to say with these 2 pages, just that he gave back the rifle on early february 1945. Probably this is was the period when he was tranfered out of the Artillerie Regiment 165.

Comment

seems (page 20) from 1-10-44 to 3-12-14 hospitalized..... there is some note on the page 12/13? I have a wp of a soldiers of the 165 Art. Reg. KIA in Livergnano (Bologna)

Comment

Thanks all helpful to know and I will match up all the notes given with the relevant pages so it helps me understand going forward what they stand for.
                  On the page opposite his photo what do the numbers Art __ 77 and Arb__ 895 stand for ?

Thanks
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by GARY1405 View Post
                    Thanks all helpful to know and I will match up all the notes given with the relevant pages so it helps me understand going forward what they stand for.
                    On the page opposite his photo what do the numbers Art __ 77 and Arb__ 895 stand for ?

Thanks
                    Gary

art .... 77 is the unit that issued his dog dag, arb... 895 seems to be the number of an Allied Work Company during his captivity

Comment

You are right Oriano
                      So this guy was in Italy, got sick or wounded and hospitalized. He recovered and was sent for a recovery leave at home. Then back to a "Genesenden Batterie" (you can see the stamp on the medals page) and after another leave (the last one entered, as Einsatzurlaub) he was probably transfered to the Regiment "Oppeln". If the entries are all correct this regiment was his last one, as he was discharged from it in 1947 (that's what I see, but maybe a mistake? The stamp is not denazified as it should be for a so late date) because the regiment had been disbanded.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X