Guernsey Soldbuch and Map opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guernsey Soldbuch and Map opinions

Got hold of what I believe is a Soldbuch for a Flak Gunner who served in Guernsey in the UK Channel Islands along with a map he had at the time.
    Problem I have is making sure he definitely served on the island as some pages have been removed and some entries inked out.
    I have translated what I can from what is available and I think going by the dates in it and the information shown it looks like he did.

He started off in Flack-abt 29 which I believe most then went into Flak-abt 292 which was posted to Guernsey in 1943. These dates seem to match up with what is in the book.

Appreciate if anyone can see anything else that either backs up him being in Guernsey or perhaps something that says no he did not.

The map is definitely period as looking through it there are no WW2 buildings shown and soldiers name and many markings are on it.

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

This is what I see after a quick look:

Soldbuch:

1940/41?: FP Nr. 14650 - Stab Reserve-Flak-Abteilung 292, from 6.9.1943 Stab gemischte Flak-Abteilung 292 (o) - (Guernsey)
    1.3.1944: FP Nr. 02151 - RAD-Abteilung 1/223 - (Schlausenbach, Germany)
    After 17.7.1944: 1 Batterie, gemischte Flak-Abteilung 156 (v) - (Constanța, Romania)

Driving license:

I./Flak Regiment 29 - gemischte Flak-Abteilung 292 (o) was formed from parts of I./Flak.Rgt. 29 and transferred to Guernsey. It was under 13 Flak Division which corresponds with the entry for Hauptwachtmeister course in the Soldbuch.

Map:

FP Nr. 08775 - 3. Batterie, gemischte Flak-Abteilung 292 (o) - (Guernsey)

He was promoted to Unteroffizier on 1.11.1940 and to Feldwebel on 1.3.1944. The awards on the bottom of page 22 state they wre awarded in PoW camp.....two of those awards, if not one for sure I would expect him to be wearing in the photo....which he is not....they may or may not be genuine. However the awards are pretty much what you might expect anyway.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

The last 4 decorations are very odd to me too. I don't say they are fake, but some suspect is legit!
      By the way, the map is really cool

Comment

Thanks for the information guys and special thanks to Ian....that summary is bang on point what I was after. I also have this guys Arbeitsbuch and berufsbuchs too... seems he was not a POW for long going by date his Berufsbuch started 04/48.

Good to know he was on Guernsey as trying to get soldbuchs or wehrpas for here is so difficult.

Thanks
        Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X