Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch Unit entry question

Hello,
    I recently bought a Soldbuch to a junior ranked soldier who served with a SanitätsKompanie. He was posted to a Grenadier Regiment in mid 1943 and on page 4, under Field Units it has the medical company scored out and the Grenadier regiment inserted below as you would expect. This tell us he served with the 7th company of the Grenadier Regt.
    My question is would he be posted to the Grenadier unit as a medic or is it more likely he was posted in as an infantryman replacement?
    The Medical Company he was posted from was in the same Division as the Grenadier Regiment.
    Thanks for looking

Originally posted by Ypern View Post
    Hello,
    I recently bought a Soldbuch to a junior ranked soldier who served with a SanitätsKompanie. He was posted to a Grenadier Regiment in mid 1943 and on page 4, under Field Units it has the medical company scored out and the Grenadier regiment inserted below as you would expect. This tell us he served with the 7th company of the Grenadier Regt.
    My question is would he be posted to the Grenadier unit as a medic or is it more likely he was posted in as an infantryman replacement?
    The Medical Company he was posted from was in the same Division as the Grenadier Regiment.
    Thanks for looking
    Can you show a picture from page 1 and page 4?
    It depends on his job. If he was trained on some sort of medical job and served as such in the medical company, i would assume he continued that job in the Grenadier unit.
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X