SS Kampfgruppe A.u.E Btl 3 Warsow Uprising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Kampfgruppe A.u.E Btl 3 Warsow Uprising

Group of war criminal Walter Holzwarth.Member of XX Kampfgruppe A.u.E. Btl 3.In Warsaw Uprising took part on Mokotow massacre.Took part in murdering civilians in Warsaw Mokotów in August, September 1944.For these crimes he got EK II.In 1978 for war crimes in Warsaw his Btl leader was sentenced to 9 years prison and his Platoon leader to 4 years prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massac...bPMUGVeSRi-A9w
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for showing these rare and interesting documents!

Comment

very interesting ,years ago i was in a great looking museum of Polish Army in Warsaw there was a lot of nice stuff to see from times of uprising in 1944

Comment

FBB,
          Very interesting. The 1978 document from the war crimes investigators was for returning these documents to him? Did he have to provide them as part of the investigation?
          Fred

Comment

Yes, This is Document for returning his documents.In 1975 in his house is search was carried out and all these douments have be taken for investigation.After trial he got it back.

Comment

My Grandfather was a Home Army (Armia Krajowa) soldier at Mokotów in 1944. On the day of capitulation of Mokotow his unit intended to get to the city centre which was still in hands of insurgents. He was fortunate to miss his que to the sewer which led to city centre as he went to eat something. His colleagues were all pulled out of sewer couple hundred meters away by Germans and executed immediately ( 140 men).
              Capitualtion was also dramatic, as when the remaining rest of insurgants surrendered, they were all stood against the wall and were waiting for execution. Fortunately a kradmelder arrived with orders to take them prisioners of war.
              My Grandfather told me that this couple of minutes standing and waiting to be killed was the longest and worst time in his whole life, aspecially that his wife and my Grandma delivered my father just a month earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.dogtag View Post
                My Grandfather was a Home Army (Armia Krajowa) soldier at Mokotów in 1944. On the day of capitulation of Mokotow his unit intended to get to the city centre which was still in hands of insurgents. He was fortunate to miss his que to the sewer which led to city centre as he went to eat something. His colleagues were all pulled out of sewer couple hundred meters away by Germans and executed immediately ( 140 men).
                Capitualtion was also dramatic, as when the remaining rest of insurgants surrendered, they were all stood against the wall and were waiting for execution. Fortunately a kradmelder arrived with orders to take them prisioners of war.
                My Grandfather told me that this couple of minutes standing and waiting to be killed was the longest and worst time in his whole life, aspecially that his wife and my Grandma delivered my father just a month earlier.
                Chwała Bohaterom!!! (pol.)

Glory to the Heroes !!! (eng.)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Powerful thread. Thank you all for sharing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X