Soldbuch Panzerjägerabteilung Breslau- Fortress Breslau 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch Panzerjägerabteilung Breslau- Fortress Breslau 1945

I want to introduce an nice Soldbuch with an rare Unit.

Hans Löwe was born on 14.12.1920 in Dresden. Löwe was conscripted in the Wehrmacht and his Soldbuch was opened on 04.10.1940 as part of the Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 223 in Bautzen. Here Löwe got his military training. After completing his training he was transfered to theLandesschützen Ersatz Bataillon 14 in Freiberg for a short Time. On February 1941 he joined the Pionier-Ersatz-Kompanie 4 in Holzminden for 1 ½ years.On December 1942 Löwe was finally send to the supply company 87 (mot) a part of the 87 Infantrie division who stayed in Rshew.
    From January 1943 to September 1944 Löwe. was by the 87. Infanterie-Division . For a short time he joined the Kradzug from the Panzer Grenadier Regiment 113, but more informations are missing.On September 1944 Löwe was send to the Feld-Ersatz-bataillon 20 a part of the 20. Panzer-Grenadier DivisionThe division marched to the Vistula between August and mid-November 1944 and was then used in the fighting for the city and the Russian bridgehead Baranow. In December 1944, the division near Kielce was refreshed.
    On January 1945 Löwe was transferred to the 2. Kompanie of the Panzerjäger Abteilung Breslau.
    The Structure of Panzerjägerabteilung “Breslau”
    Kommandeur: Olt. Retter
    1. gepanzerte Kompanie ( Olt. Ventzke)
    1 Sturmpanzer IV mit Panther-Kanone L70 und 500 Schuß, aber nur Panzermunition
    2 Stug auf Fahrgestell III
    6 Stug mit Kanone L48, Zugführer FW. (später befördert Lt.) Hartmann, kamen von der Stug Brigade 311
    6 Panzer II mit Fl. 38 (2cm)
    4 ungepanzerte Selbstfahrlafetten mit l.F.H. 18 (10,5cm)
    2. und 3. Kompanie
    Kompanie mit Panzerschreck 54 (Ofenrohr)
    4. Kompanie (Olt. Albrecht)
    Kompanie mit Panzerfäusten und weiteren selbstangefertigten Panzernahbekämpfungsmitteln.
    Quelle: Von Ahlfen/Niehoff "So kämpfte Breslau"
    Now Löwe and his commerades were involved in a heavy defensive battle against the Red Army, including other units in the fortress. a small extract from another unit: In a concentrated collaboration between grenade launchers, 2 cm flak and stovepipes, a tactic was developed that the Russian Pak operation initially with grenade launcher andthe onset of anti-aircraft fire forced the guns to leave and the nearby houses to be fully covered. Then stovepipe troops shot the guns together. In this way, for example, the Mohr Regiment destroyed over 100 Pak in just 14 days.
    Now things started to be strange and Löwe was WIA on 20.04.1945. he was hospitalised in the Festungslazarett 4a Breslau until to the 04.05 1945. He is not listet on the Volksbund site. So I think he survived the War.

Cheers Dominic
    Attached Files

Really cool Soldbuch. Is it me or does it look like he was promoted to Obergefrieter, demoted, then restored? Or am I miss reading the ranks? That second rank listing does not look like Oberpioneer, does it?

Comment

It looks like he progressed from Schütze to Oberschütze, Gefreiter and then Obergefreiter.

Regards,
      Michael

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
      Really cool Soldbuch. Is it me or does it look like he was promoted to Obergefrieter, demoted, then restored? Or am I miss reading the ranks? That second rank listing does not look like Oberpioneer, does it?

Comment

Thanks for showing, I do like the Soldbuch. Especially also his last unit (Pz.Jag.Abt. Breslau), the Regiment I collect and research, many of its personel were born in Breslau. So makes it interesting.

www.panzerregiment31.com

Comment

Ich heisse mit Nachname ebenfalls Löwe, der Mann war mein Großonkel!!!😨
          Bitte melde dich mal per Mail !!

Comment

Ich heisse mit Nachname ebenfalls Löwe, der Mann war mein Großonkel!!!😨

Comment

Originally posted by challenge View Post
              Ich heisse mit Nachname ebenfalls Löwe, der Mann war mein Großonkel!!!��
              Löwe ist nicht so selten in DE

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X