Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start of collection

Greetings gentlemen,

I've been reading this sections for quite a while and finally decided to start collecting wehrpass and soldbuch.
    Instead of buying every paper item I find, I'd like to ask you a few questions :

- What makes the value of a wehrpass or soldbuch
    - what price range is acceptable for such items

Thanks

from a few euros to a thousand is more .... the price depends on several factors: the unit (paratroopers, panzer, submarine,maviators, SS etc are the more expensive) the value and the decorations conquered, the front where they fought (Stalingrad, Normandy, Cassino etc among the most sought after) if there are certificates with important commander signatures etc etc ....

Comment

First of all, congrats in starting collecting papers as it is a nice field of study.

In this thread you can find some answers to your questions:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1028869

I think that the first step should be to decide what interests you the most. Find a particular unit or battle which interest you or that you want to do additional research.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Josep

Comment

I would add that it would be helpful to look over some of the less “glamorous” Soldbuch and Wehrpas entries. There is or should be consistency whether it is an old age Landwehr or a Knights Cross winner. Like every area of collecting there are fakes in document collecting so learning what to look for is key.

Frequently nice Soldbuch and Wehrpas to soldiers who did not earn higher awards or belonged to more unique units are “tarted” up to gain higher value.

Study the penmanship, fluidity of the writing, how entries should be entered, sequence etc.

And most importantly take advantage of the wealth of knowledge that is on this forum.

Value is hard to pinpoint but is largely dependent on awards, units, theater of operations, etc.

That said have fun it’s a great area of collecting be because each soldiers story is a one off. No two are identical.

Cheers
        Jeremy

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers gents and also for the link.

Have a nice day

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X