MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzerjager erkennungsmarke - My first tag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerjager erkennungsmarke - My first tag!

Purchased today at a local show. Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files

I don't like this one

Comment

IMO they may as well have added a smiley face to this one.

Comment

Ok... Big swing and a miss on this one I guess. From the responses, it seems that this tag is REALLY bad.

As I mentioned, this is my first tag, and I don't know jack squat about them. I bought it from a dealer that I've bought quite a bit of stuff from in the past (and posted the overwhelming majority of said stuff on here).

I understand that we don't want to go into a complete breakdown of the errors on this for fear of aiding the fakers, but a PM with what the major issues are would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

First major problem is visible at first sight. Place where stamping is was cleaned and then stamped. While on backside it is its original condition. It should look on both sides similiar or at peast stamping should have zinc pest on it.

Tag itself will be most likely period, just stamping is postwar.

Comment

In theory, this dogtag should be from a really great unit: Fallschirm (FS) Panzerjaeger Abteilung 7.
            https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=148690
            But I don't like it, sorry. I'm very skeptical on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
              First major problem is visible at first sight. Place where stamping is was cleaned and then stamped. While on backside it is its original condition. It should look on both sides similiar or at peast stamping should have zinc pest on it.

Tag itself will be most likely period, just stamping is postwar.
              I see that the front has a different surface character than the back, but does that in itself make it bad? I'm not trying to find value in something that may have none, but is it possible that it simply was heavily cleaned?

Comment

It looks like a freshly stamped onto a blank, no signs of wear around the font pressings. Easy to be caught out if your are not used to handling them. Always bet to ask around here or on similar forums for advice first.

Hope fully if the dealer is well known to you and values your custom then he will refund you.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon H View Post
                  It looks like a freshly stamped onto a blank, no signs of wear around the font pressings. Easy to be caught out if your are not used to handling them. Always bet to ask around here or on similar forums for advice first.

Hope fully if the dealer is well known to you and values your custom then he will refund you.
                  He's a good guy, and will gladly refund my money. I've avoided these tags given my lack of knowledge and not having the time to commit to getting educated on them. I'd like to have a small representative set of tags to add to my collection (1 each of SS, KM, LW and the major Heer divisions).

Thanks to all for your expertise!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth2a View Post
                    I see that the front has a different surface character than the back, but does that in itself make it bad? I'm not trying to find value in something that may have none, but is it possible that it simply was heavily cleaned?

it is an option but IMO not for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth2a View Post
                      He's a good guy, and will gladly refund my money. I've avoided these tags given my lack of knowledge and not having the time to commit to getting educated on them. I'd like to have a small representative set of tags to add to my collection (1 each of SS, KM, LW and the major Heer divisions).

Thanks to all for your expertise!
                      If you need some help to get few nice examples, feel free to consult with me via PM. Always front and back side pics needed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X