ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knights Crossnof the Iron Coss plus Separate Oak Leaves - opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry,
    Sometimes items that are posted up for review have been seen many previous times and replied upon in greater detail. This is the reason one will receive short and less than fulfilling replies. These two examples are easy to call out and certainly using the search function would have led you to this conclusion.

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

terryh….

isn't it now time to reveal what YOU discovered, but were hesitant to say, at first?...
      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Knights Cross etc

First, as far as kaiserwilhelm2 is concerned it was not until reaction 4 came in that I received any useful information (and for the record I privately thanked Thomas E Hansen for the fourth response which referred to the Oak Leaves). Perhaps kaiserwilhelm2 can point out where it says in any of the first three original replies that the oak leaves are clearly not original? It doesn't. And, how does the remark that, 'No +1 tells you exactly what you want to know' mean anything constructive?
        kaiserwilhelm2 also states that 'you (meaning me) wanted to know is it original' which is also NOT what I asked, I actually asked (quote) 'I would appreciate any views on the two items attached and any help would be appreciated' and as far as Hank C is concerned I also did NOT just say 'opinions please' I extended it as explained above.
        Second, maybe certain members should look up the word 'Forum' and find out what it means.
        Third, if I KNEW what the items were I wouldn't ask in the first place, EVEN AFTER looking for similar items on the internet, what's the point of the Forum then, only to ask the most difficult and complicated of questions?.....or is the time so precious of certain Forum members they simply cannot spare a few moments to answer in some detail a simple (to them) question? Or is the Forum becoming some sort of exclusive club for knowledgeable members only?
        Fourth, please don't assume that because maybe YOU KNOW what something is everybody else will. Assumption is the mother of all FU***PS. Others may well have expertise in areas that you sadly lack which I think is well worth thinking about.
        Fifth, if you really believe that 'no', or 'I do not like any of it', or '+ 1' are perfectly adequate then I pity any new WAF members or beginners to collecting asking a question of the Forum if they haven't spent ages first looking elsewhere for an answer, or they SHOULD know the answer, or the question is just too simple to bother with. That's not what a Forum is.
        Finally, lets just put this to bed, none of us has the time to just go endlessly back and forth with this. My suggestion to make WAF a more inviting constructive Forum is that longer term more knowledgeable members could be more forthcoming and helpful with sharing and passing on their knowledge, but if they chose not to, that's their prerogative.

Comment

Get over it is the first thing that's pops to mind

Comment

Originally posted by terry.h View Post
            First, as far as kaiserwilhelm2 is concerned it was not until reaction 4 came in that I received any useful information (and for the record I privately thanked Thomas E Hansen for the fourth response which referred to the Oak Leaves). Perhaps kaiserwilhelm2 can point out where it says in any of the first three original replies that the oak leaves are clearly not original? It doesn't. And, how does the remark that, 'No +1 tells you exactly what you want to know' mean anything constructive?
            kaiserwilhelm2 also states that 'you (meaning me) wanted to know is it original' which is also NOT what I asked, I actually asked (quote) 'I would appreciate any views on the two items attached and any help would be appreciated' and as far as Hank C is concerned I also did NOT just say 'opinions please' I extended it as explained above.
            Second, maybe certain members should look up the word 'Forum' and find out what it means.
            Third, if I KNEW what the items were I wouldn't ask in the first place, EVEN AFTER looking for similar items on the internet, what's the point of the Forum then, only to ask the most difficult and complicated of questions?.....or is the time so precious of certain Forum members they simply cannot spare a few moments to answer in some detail a simple (to them) question? Or is the Forum becoming some sort of exclusive club for knowledgeable members only?
            Fourth, please don't assume that because maybe YOU KNOW what something is everybody else will. Assumption is the mother of all FU***PS. Others may well have expertise in areas that you sadly lack which I think is well worth thinking about.
            Fifth, if you really believe that 'no', or 'I do not like any of it', or '+ 1' are perfectly adequate then I pity any new WAF members or beginners to collecting asking a question of the Forum if they haven't spent ages first looking elsewhere for an answer, or they SHOULD know the answer, or the question is just too simple to bother with. That's not what a Forum is.
            Finally, lets just put this to bed, none of us has the time to just go endlessly back and forth with this. My suggestion to make WAF a more inviting constructive Forum is that longer term more knowledgeable members could be more forthcoming and helpful with sharing and passing on their knowledge, but if they chose not to, that's their prerogative.
            You are not doing yourself any favours.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X