EK2 in 5-place German-Italian medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 in 5-place German-Italian medal bar

Here are a few pictures of the EK2 in the medal bar that I received today and was already discussed in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1027542

Who might be the manufacturer of the EK2? Many thanks for your expertise.

I myself find it a rather strange EK2 with different number design on obverse and reverse, and also some quality issues with the swastika and where the frame was punched from the metal sheet: see corner between 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock arm. Also what is the impression on the metal sheet on the 6 o'clock arm? I hope it's genuine.

If the EK2 is not OK / fake and as the medal bar itself received the community's blessing, I'll replace the EK2 with a correct example.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wrongplanet67; 01-08-2020, 11:49 AM.

yes, with these pictures we can say this EK2 is a postwar example. Can you show us what is behind the reverse cloth? That can help us big times. Maybe the rest of the medal bar is ok and somebody just replaced one medal. I dont say cut anything on the medal bar, but maybe somewhere it is possible to uncover the cloth.

Comment

Hello! Pay attention to the ribbon of the Order of the Crown! It is not folded like all the other tapes. It bothers me. I also don’t like the service medal for 4 years.

Comment

And a few more:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Edward 1970 View Post
          Hello! Pay attention to the ribbon of the Order of the Crown! It is not folded like all the other tapes. It bothers me. I also don’t like the service medal for 4 years.
          The Order of the Crown could in my opinion have been an earlier prewar awarded medal to a German officer-diplomat in Italy as this order was already founded in 1868.

Maybe worn as a prewar Einzelspange and during the war combined with wartime awards?

Wishful thinking from my part?

Comment

The ek is a serious mess. Two holes on the rear frame filled with solder and only the bottom flange one cleaned up. The actual mounting point for the jump ring for the rear frame now finds itself in the 3 o'clock position. A postwar frankenstein or a much loved replacement or or something. And that's just the back. Does it look like it's been opened? Are there any wartime parts to the cross?

Comment

patiance

Patiance is a virtue posses it if you can, allays found in woman rarely found in man!!!

Comment

On closer inspection, the medal of 4 years is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward 1970 View Post
                  On closer inspection, the medal of 4 years is normal.
                  Are you sure about that, take another look, I don't like it

Ross

Comment

Thanks Joseph and Tony for the confirmation that the EK2 is indeed “flawed” as I thought.

Originally posted by Volksgrenadier 44 View Post
                    Are you sure about that, take another look, I don't like it
                    Any objective features that make you not like it?

Comment

What should I do with the cross?

Sell it as a fake?
                      Work it over with hammer and chisel to utterly destroy it?

Comment

now this bar with replaced EK2 is available for sale here

https://www.ratisbons.com/37th-conte...searchterm=bar

Comment

Originally posted by wrongplanet67 View Post
                          What should I do with the cross?

Sell it as a fake?
                          Work it over with hammer and chisel to utterly destroy it?
                          Yes it's a known fake

Regards
                          Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                            Yes it's a known fake

Regards
                            Jarek
                            +1

WR Kirill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X