EK1 issue cases abundance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 issue cases abundance...

Anyone has an explanation for the current abundance of empty EK1 issue cases offered at the moment?

Never experienced this during the past 20 years...

Best regards,

Victorman

Hi Victorman, we talked about this a few weeks back and yes you are right: there are currently many empty cases available. However the ones I see look normal pré '45 to me. I assume that many cases were left at home and forgotten while the awards were worn.

From time to time it happens even with a rare award: for years you see none of them and than suddenly a few pieces are for sale at the same time...

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hello Wim,

That is correct!
      But since we spoke about it, the "problem" seems to become even worse... I just checked a couple of dealer sites... more issue cases than crosses offered at the moment!

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Maybe the value makwes collectors sell their cases??
        I hardly have any cased crosse, for 2 reasons:
        - most ek's are worn
        - 2 cases = another ek1.

Comment

I think they can sell them separately and make more money,or a faster sale.

Comment

Exactly my thought--since the price of cases in general has increased to a larger degree than the awards, a seller can realize a higher net price for the separate pieces than for the case and award sold together.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

I think there is a small change in collecting methods... it used to be a nicely cased EK brought a premium.... now so many people collect crosses, displayed together in a frame... and do not need a case... so they will pay a premium for a cross they need... but balk at buying one with a case... but the guy buying an EK with a case may not want to pay a premium for the cross....

I see it with WW1 EK2s, which a dealer has "married" with an award document on ebay.... The cross collectors may ignore it as they do not want to pay a premium for a doc they dont need, and the doc collectors ignore it as they do not need the cross.... I have often bought them, flipped the cross... and gotten the doc for peanuts....

There used to be a time when sellers would keep crosses, waiting to marry them with crosses... now the way we collect has changed... and they split them...

Comment

I also recently noticed the high price dealers and collectors charge for empty cases.
                A sad evolution.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X