Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spang & Oak Leaves

Good day

These are for sale at Herman Historica Auctions in Munich next month.

I think the spang is a well known fake - stamped L21 but what about the oak leaves. All stamped "900", "Silber", "L/50".

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

you are right about the spange, well known fake, can't comment on the oak leaves though

Comment

From the photos I don’t like the Oaks nor do I like the Swords.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by dietrich maerz View Post
        from the photos i don’t like the oaks nor do i like the swords.

+1

Comment

Shouldn't the word silver have a small i between S&L on both pieces?
          I should mention I'm not an expert on such things.

Ken

Comment

What I have learned it should be a smal i instead of a big I in the text SiLBER

Andy

Comment

Oaks copy unambiguously

Comment

Thanks folks

It is such a pity that supposedly well respected auction company is blatantly selling fake lots. Some very high value items being sold over several days so selling obvious fakes just discredits the whole lot.

https://www.hermann-historica.de/en/...ns/list/id/422
                Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

Herman Historica ~ "respected"

How can anyone, given this and many other threads with similar content, still use the word "respected" with regard to this firm?

Why, don't collectors simply shun this firm and one's with similar offerings in order to force their leaving the field?

Just wondering what excuses will be given...

Comment

Hermann

With a starting price of euro 200 this should tell you that these are copies.

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                      With a starting price of euro 200 this should tell you that these are copies.
                      I agree! I thought these were offered as reproductions.
                      They should not cause any danger to collectors willing to buy swords.
                      One look at the edges and it's Obvious to see these are reproductions.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments.

It's just a real pity that these companies can't at least put something like "in the style of" or even "copy"

There is clearly an intention to deceive.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesT View Post
                          Thanks everyone for your comments.

It's just a real pity that these companies can't at least put something like "in the style of" or even "copy"

There is clearly an intention to deceive.
                          No, there is not! I could kick myself that I fell for it and even commented on this thread. This will remind me in the future to look at the original listing instead of just "run along" with a purposeful posting. I can't blame a member here for not being able to read and understand German, but a starting price of 200.- tells a story of its own.
                          The German text clearly states that the pieces are "Old display pieces". There is no intention to deceive, quite the contrary! Just because it is not stated in English, it does not mean that nothing substantial is posted at all.

Normally this thread should be erased because of false information, but we let it stand as an example of "having not the full picture"!
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X