Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange iron cross 1.class

Hello.
    Can you tell me , if this is an original EK1 or a fake?
    It looks very strange. An early piece?
    It is not magnetic and made of on piece.
    Best regards

Gesendet von meinem SM-G970F mit Tapatalk

Early one-piece ek1
    IMO made by Deschler others think it is Juncker related.

100% original.

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
      Early one-piece ek1

100% original.
      Great
      Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by beef_supreme View Post
        Great
        Thank you for your help

You're welcome!

Comment

I am new to collecting but this looks completely fake to me. I read that all Iron Crosses were made in 3 pieces, the center being iron. This is clearly one piece. And authentic iron crosses have the iron painted with black paint and then baked to cure the enamel. On this cross it looks like it was painted very sloppily and the paint got on the silver edges. The back looks fake too. There's no manufacturer engraving and the pin isn't like anything I have seen. Everything the Germans did was near perfect and to me this cross looks nothing close to perfect. It looks like something made in China for $5.

Comment

Originally posted by jim10011 View Post
            I am new to collecting but this looks completely fake to me. I read that all Iron Crosses were made in 3 pieces, the center being iron. This is clearly one piece. And authentic iron crosses have the iron painted with black paint and then baked to cure the enamel. On this cross it looks like it was painted very sloppily and the paint got on the silver edges. The back looks fake too. There's no manufacturer engraving and the pin isn't like anything I have seen. Everything the Germans did was near perfect and to me this cross looks nothing close to perfect. It looks like something made in China for $5.
            I typed out a longer explanation, but then the forum crashed. Instead of typing it all out again, I'll just say - there ARE 1 piece crosses from WW2, but they're very hard to find. This is a good one.

best
            H
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
              Early one-piece ek1

100% original.
              +1

Regards
              Jarek

Comment

Everything the Germans did was top notch. This piece is terrible quality. Look at the sloppy paint work.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sloppy paintwork is not uncommon on one-piece crosses.
                  It was before LdO rules kicked in, after that 1-piece ek's were no longer made.

Here are all 4 known variations from this maker
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jim10011 View Post
                    Well then now is the time to learn to think outside the box and don't take most books to literally.

- One-piece crosses do exist, magnetic and non-magnetic

- The pin does look very odd indeed, but they also made them with ticker pins and a more "normal" pin

- Not all crosses were marked on the pin, some were marked on the back of the cross
                    But actually all early war crosses have no mark, and during the rest of the war many crosses went unmarked as well.

- The center was supposed to be made of iron, but I have never seen oir heard of a magnetic Hofstätter ek, they made brass cored crosses only, and marked the L/19

Comment

although I agree that this cross is original i'm confident it has been repainted.
                      Yes I have had and sold many of these crossses over the years.

Comment

I agree on the repaint, it didn't leave the factory like this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X