EK1 Screwback-for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Screwback-for review

I would like to get your opinion about originality this EK1 Screwback type.
    Cross is magnetic, multi-pieces construction, slightly convex.
    What puzzles me here is the missing of the stabilizing pin on the obverse and not typical disk.
    Thank you in advance for your comments
    Attached Files

Looks to me like a good Deumer ("L/11" or "3")

best
    H
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by hank c. View Post
      looks to me like a good deumer ("l/11" or "3")

best
      h
      +1

Comment

Thanks a lot, Hank and Steiner68, for your comments !!!

Best regards,
        Klaus

Comment

IMO the cross a good early type Deumer sb type ,but the disc solution not the ordinary type

I saw already such dick type ago ,but yet never on a Deumer type.
          The items not related ,because the box of course original ,but have on a LDO code ,and the crosses these pieces always unmarked

Comment

Early Deumer which IMO should have the big clamshell disc.

Very nice condition though

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments and info !!!

Attachment system of this cross is not as per book. There is no guarantee, that the present disc originally belonged to this piece. It could be the "standard" one or the clamshell type.

I have another screwback type decoration with the "traditional' disk: War Merit Cross w/o Swords, marked L/14 ( by the way, another controversial item...). Below are the photos.

My EK1 accepts both types of small discs: the present and the traditional one. Threads of the War Merit Cross and present EK's disk do not match. As consequence, I think, there is no guarantee that the big clamshell would fit to my EK. Only one way to know it, is to try to place the big shell on EK.

Do we know, if only one bolt thread type was used by fabricators or each company, which manufactured the screwback decorations had its own?

Klaus
              Attached Files

Comment

There are more tresserne types around ! For eksample Deschler used a thinner tread
                Regards
                Marc

Ps I have serious doubt about the originality of the disc with diagonal line

Comment

THE early deumer with the clamshell disc has no anti-rotation pin.
                  Like this cross.
                  So it misses the clamshell disc.

This disc is some kind of replacement disc, I have seen these before on crosses of different makers.

Now the challenge is to find a disc that fits to the cross, a Deumer clamshell

Comment

Originally posted by unimarc View Post
                    There are more tresserne types around ! For eksample Deschler used a thinner tread
                    Regards
                    Marc

Ps I have serious doubt about the originality of the disc with diagonal line
                    Thanks a lot for the info about the threads. So in general, it is a challenge to find matching disk. We never know, if it matches the item, before we try to install it.
                    In case of this cross, missing pin rather indicates clamshell as the original hardware. One of the previous owners was lucky to find matching small disk.

Best regards,
                    Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                      THE early deumer with the clamshell disc has no anti-rotation pin.
                      Like this cross.
                      So it misses the clamshell disc.

This disc is some kind of replacement disc, I have seen these before on crosses of different makers.

Now the challenge is to find a disc that fits to the cross, a Deumer clamshell
                      Thank you very much for the additional information.
                      Since good 10 years I have one lose clamshell. It matches very well the thread of the screw post. Diameter: 39.5-40.0 mm. But it does not mean that this is a Deumer disc. After I make photos, I will show it in the separate thread. I do not want to mix the topics.

Best regards,
                      Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus54 View Post
                        Thank you very much for the additional information.
                        Since good 10 years I have one lose clamshell. It matches very well the thread of the screw post. Diameter: 39.5-40.0 mm. But it does not mean that this is a Deumer disc. After I make photos, I will show it in the separate thread. I do not want to mix the topics.

Best regards,
                        Klaus
                        No, it's a generic replacement disc that can be found more often on different crosses.

It is not a Deumer disc.
                        And I think it's a wartime replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                          No, it's a generic replacement disc that can be found more often on different crosses.

It is not a Deumer disc.
                          And I think it's a wartime replacement.
                          Thanks for the additional info about the disc.
                          Ideally, it would be good to find the matching Deumer clamshell. But, this is the life time project.

Best regards,
                          Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X