No announcement yet.

Major Erich Lange RK Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A picture from 1970 after he received the West German Verdienstkreuz am Bande. The award document for this is in the group. He is 3rd from the right. He was a very small man, and his tunic matches these proportions
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Luftm40; 10-14-2002, 06:32 AM.

Comment

And a very...

......proud man too, judging by the photo. And, who can blame him!

Comment

Tough-looking cove, isn't he? Pretty...intense. It's the little buggers you always have to watch out for! Bravo, Andy, what a wonderful ensemble. Congrats on the leg-up, by the way. All the more to spend on nice things!

BTW, no problem with exporting Nazi material from Germany but definately a potential problem with importing it! Our glorious leaders, having fumbled the Coming-Soon-The-All-Singing-All-Dancing-United-States-Of-Europe, are running a bit scared of anything to do with reactionary extremism as people flock to vote for the Nazis - those who can be bothered to vote these days - and other far-right nutter parties as the only means they have of making their displeasure felt.

So...no...best not to arrive at any German port-of-entry with a suitcase full of Nazi material. They're a bit jumpy at the moment! But...if you want to bring some of it into Germany, pocket-sized stuff should be OK. Or you could get it to another part of Western Europe where they are not so paranoid, such as the UK or Belgium, and drive across as border controls on the ferry routes from the UK to Europe are quite lax - strange but true - and there are no border controls within Europe, which means that you can drive from one country to another without stopping. There are customs spot-checks but they won't bother you. It's just the snotgobblers at airports who give you hassle.

I recently transported $20K-worth of vintage racing motorbike from London to Paris in bits, in a small motorcar, via ferry, and nobody even asked me to prove it was mine. It could easily have been stolen. As I said, lax.

PK
        Last edited by Prosper Keating; 10-14-2002, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X