Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank formal kc document-- real?

(sorry no pix as yet)

at first glance all looked ok. the blank document had the embossed, wreathed reichsadler lower left -- and the fax signature and brownish eagle and lettering look excellent. ditto the doc's white 'folder' cover with gold / embossed folded wing eagle. (I didn't think to check whether the brown lettering was hand-written or printed.)

BUT, thinking later I realized these things except for the embossing looked like smooth paper, maybe card-stock thickness and no texture.

since I think protocol, laws or whatever called for animal-skin vellum, safe to assume any paper versions are just replicas / fakes? FWIW, tho I claim no Maertzlike knowledge of such things (far from it!) the embossing for its part looked crisp and impressive. also thinkg back, I don't think the document had the slightly rough-looking or deckled edges.

which leads me to ask: assuming there aren't orig. embossing tools out there, would fakers go to the expense of making them for their copies? finally, were plain paper versions made in late war -- or were shedloads of the correct type available 'till the end? many thanks!

oops my apologies to all - it's an adler order document, on paper.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X