Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erick go for a shot of the 6oc arm.........7th ridge from the right!! I wonder if it 'softened up' by this stage

I don't know if I'm comfortable with a flaw named after me.....
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Brian,

but if we venture into the 57's what good does a core do? The frame seems to be from the same dies(s) - the cores certainly aren't. And 57 is really the ONLY fixed date in time for the B-Type.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Not if you believe as I do that '57's, some, many, ???, were put together with prewar leftover frames.

Comment

Yes, that could very well be! Just like the post war swastika versions! But still, what can a core tell us? We can look at the heavily flawed non magnetic non silver version and if it's the same core as a 935-4, then what?
          Here it is. I tyhink we are all in agreement that this one is a definite post war.

Dietrich
          Attached Files
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Numerals of a 100% post war swastika S&L.
            Attached Files
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Yes, you said IF. Don't prejudge. Give some time and photos and who knows. Isn't that the point?

Comment

Yes, that's why I said IF....What's wrong with that? I'm not prejudging. I always took my time and I still do. And you know that.

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz
                  Yes, that's why I said IF....What's wrong with that? I'm not prejudging. I always took my time and I still do. And you know that.

Dietrich

And that's why the Mrs. keeps him around!!!!

Dietrich, don't tell B I said this....
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Is this a diversion?
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Naw...just a break in a very contentious discussion

Simply put there were hundreds if not thousands of Knight's Cross produced, assembled or otherwise introduced in to the collector market and we need to identify (all) of those....

I think that we just need to get beyond the 'heart' and look at these things based on the evidence at hand!

We have seen some collectors take the information and react accordingly and some dealers 'pull' their stock while others just simply state the subject is post war.... to all!
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

57 Rk

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                        Erick go for a shot of the 6oc arm.........7th ridge from the right!! I wonder if it 'softened up' by this stage

I don't know if I'm comfortable with a flaw named after me.....

6:00 arm-7th ridge!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Erick....a bit softer but surely there!!!
                          Attached Files
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Well Dave, that's now two opportunities to lend information to the community that you're passing on for what I can only assume are your personal vendettas against Gordon.

1) The Rounder: I offered to scan and reproduce the RK closeups of all the Luftwaffe guys. Denied.

2) SL: I asked for a core progression analysis. Denied.

My obvious conclusions, Gordon shows the Rounders and he showed my cross as original. This is about your unwillingness to put the community at a level above your personal need to prove Gordon wrong, which you have NOT done.

Dietrich is not calling my cross postwar, you are. With no definitive reasons.

I won't say you win Dave, but I've had it here. I will let my membership expire and join the Gentlemen.

I am in fear to contribute here any longer as I am attacked personally and my collection attacked because a piece appeared in Gordon's book.

Comment

Brian, come on now! Re-directing the limelight won't work What does Gordon W. have to do w/ all of this...he published pictures of your Cross. I strongly suspect that he didn't demand a hands on inspection of all Crosses dipicted in his book.

All of your 'smoke screens' and diversionary crap can't cover up the fact that your S&L RK is post war

Accept it and you can move on!

*The strike is really flat

*The dent row is blunt

*The silver mark is incused 800

*There's no sign of frosting

Several of these post war assembled Crosses have hit the market recently (as expected) because their former owners 'accepted' the facts and the truths brought forth. Why not you? Keep in mind also that the Crosses that have been sold recently by virtue of their 'sharpness' and 'finish' appear to pre-date yours....Those Crosses were post war assembled BUT yours wasn't?

Brian, step up and don't be so angry and punitive!
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                                All of your 'smoke screens' and diversionary crap can't cover up the fact that your S&L RK is post war

Accept it and you can move on!
                                That you can and would say something like this makes my resolve to end my time here all the more secure. You're a selfish nut Dave concerned only with your bragging rights (a direct quote from you) and propping up the value of your own collection at the expense of anyone and everyone else and damaging Gordon another one of your nut directions based on 'stories' you heard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X