No announcement yet.

Knights Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive signs alround there Jimmy You will have to forgive me for being pesimistic but I am nervous around S&L crosses due to a shortage of knowledge on the subject! I had an unflawed non-iron core one once which turned out to be bad, but thanks to the help on this forum I got my cash back!

Originally posted by VIPER
    Harry.....Also that little blip on the 9 oclock arm is just a reflection off of the frame laquer..........Jimmy

Comment

I have looked at this thing through a loop till my eyes hurt. I see the little beading disruption at 3 oclock but none of the flaws which seem to be at the center of the controversy. Would not this lack of flaws place this cross early in the life of the so called type B die and therefore wartime probably 44 or 45 corresponding to the introduction of codes being mandatory............Thanks for all the input, Did not know about all this controversy surrounding S-L pieces.

Comment

Stick in there Jimmy, this is somewhat of a Trial By Fire, I have been around only for a very short period of the S&L Flaw debate, so I have nothing to say there.

I do want to WELCOME YOU TO THE FORUM, and just to reitirate that everyone here is here to help. Again welcome and I wish you much Knowledge gained during your time here. Cheers,

-Shane

Comment

Jimmy,
          I echo what Shane has said. Hang in there as the members are only here to help and save you real money. I have a K&Q and for a very long time belived that they were made right here in California... NOT!

Best wishes,
          Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby
            Jimmy,
            I echo what Shane has said. Hang in there as the members are only here to help and save you real money. I have a K&Q and for a very long time belived that they were made right here in California... NOT!

Best wishes,
            Chet
            Jeez...when was California part of the Reich? perhaps it still is? there's an Austrian in charge isnt there?!

Comment

800 4

Hi Jimmy,

Do not worry. Your RK looks great! Compare it with this 800 4 which is a vet bring back.

Erickn
              Last edited by Erickn; 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

reverse

Comment

800 4

Comment

Thanks Guys..........I trust Steve Wolfes intimate knowledge of this subject far more than the reletive newness of this controversy. There are more than just Frames to consider. There is the core, the finish on that core, the finish on various parts of the frame, the way and cleaness of the eye attatchment,the suspension loop and its finish and markings. Plus someone went to a heck of a lot of trouble to get a completely period case and ribbon ( nothing blacklights). The post war crosses either 57 or 39 restrikes do not compare favorable in a side by side comparisson. The markings and charecteristics of the above vet bring back compare very much to those on mine, interesting too see. Thanks all for the help and comments even the disparaging ones..............Jimmy

Comment

ERKIN.........Is your ribbon loop marked as well.

Comment

Beautiful cross Jimmy! Steve definately knows what he is doing, I believe the negative comments where done to help protect you. Because it cannot be proved that this cross was made before the war, by default, some will always believe that it was made after the war. This in turn will lower the value of the cross. Its your call, and best of luck.

jeff
                        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Would you consider this beading crisp?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X