EK1 Ummarked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Ummarked

For review please. Is it authentic? If so, can you identify maker?

Thank you,
    Chuck
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Souval's EK1

Regards
      Jarek

Comment

Please don't be alarmed at my question here, I've never learned much regarding Souval's crosses, but I am slowly gaining knowledge of them recently. I saw in a recent thread earlier this week (a Souval EKI also) that the Souval core with the 'dipping-3' was regarded as a postwar core. Can someone shed light on this for me, please?

Robert

Comment

I´ll agree it´s a Souval cross

Andy

Comment

Thanks gents. I'm new here, so is it a post war cross, or legit wartime? I recently posted an EK1 L15, and it turned out to be a big Souval post war dud.

Chuck

Comment

Looking for clarity on these Souval EKI's. In this previous thread the core and hardware are judged as 100% postwar (1st cross here).

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1013412

But this other Souval (second photo here) with the same core appears to have been judged a good Souval. So, I'm confused, and would appreciate some clarity. The cores in both crosses appear the same...

Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
                Please don't be alarmed at my question here, I've never learned much regarding Souval's crosses, but I am slowly gaining knowledge of them recently. I saw in a recent thread earlier this week (a Souval EKI also) that the Souval core with the 'dipping-3' was regarded as a postwar core. Can someone shed light on this for me, please?

Robert
                Based on observations, core comparisons and set-up comparisons of Souval's crosses EK1-1939, it has been accepted (though there is no hard evidence for this) that Souval's crosses EK1 with Souval's core with the so-called "deep three" and swaz on pedestal are early war crosses of this manufacturer.
                However, similar Souval's crosses EK1, but with a "deep three" and swaz without pedestal are post-war crosses.

Regards
                Jarek

Comment

Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                  Based on observations, core comparisons and set-up comparisons of Souval's crosses EK1-1939, it has been accepted (though there is no hard evidence for this) that Souval's crosses EK1 with Souval's core with the so-called "deep three" and swaz on pedestal are early war crosses of this manufacturer.
                  However, similar Souval's crosses EK1, but with a "deep three" and swaz without pedestal are post-war crosses.

Regards
                  Jarek
                  Jarek, thank you. Sounds like they fall into the 'mine field' scenario.

Robert

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Jarek, and, thank you Robert for pushing your question forward once again. I've learned a lot about the Souval EK1 recently, I hope the other makers are not as difficult.

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X