Highlight of My Collection DKIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, yes she certainly was worth waiting for. I have a few items on hold for me that I will be paying for very shortly and then I hope to be able to post them here for debate. One I know you will all like, the second I hope will answer a few questions about everyones favorite EK maker (well mine anyway)

Thank you all, she ceratinly is a beauty. My only problem now is finding a display cabinet that will do her justice. The old coffee table just isn't cutting it anymore.

-SHane
    Check out the glass display cases at Ikea or JYSK, you can get them for around $100Cdn
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Marcus, I would be glad to add this case to the appropriate forum, but I do not believe this case is a Reproduction. In fact it is the same case as is currently used for the More Modern 57 DKIG's and DKIS's. It is the plastic and foam case that these crosses come in and was merely used to keep the DKIG safe for shipping. I don't believe that this case will fool anyone at all, and is infact merely a case in which to keep the cross safe. It has no way of being mistaken with the real McKoy. I guarantee 100%. It is made of Hard Plastic, and has a foam core with a plastic hinge.

Let me know if you still want me to post pics and dimendsions of the case. Again I believe the case is used for the more moder 57 Awards and is in fact what the DKIG series of this vintage come in now.

Cheers,

-Shane

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
      In regards to the case, I take it was a reproduction then ?

Could you please post an example of this case in all 'dimension's', on the case and packet forum, for us please

Kr

Marcus

Comment

That's a stunning DKG Shane.

Can't wait for you to post your other goodies

Allan
        Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
        Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Thanks guys, yes the other goodies are a coming but will be my guess is by the end of May. A very interresting W&L EK1, that will I hope shed some light on some questions for this maker, and another little surprise that will no doubt be the future highlight of my W&L Collection.

@Laurence, I tried to get that case from IKEA but the dimensions of her will not allow for her to fit into my display room in a configuration the wife approves of. She has permitted me a display cabinet that can be no taller than 3' and no wider than 5'. I wish I could have configured a way for that to fit as the IKEA case would have been the perfect solution.

I will post photos of my newest arrivals as soon as they are in, a few will be paid for over the next littel while and then, the posting madness will begin.

What a high it is actually owning one of these historic pieces of the past. The quality, and the care taken to put them together is breathtaking. Utterly breathtaking.

-SHane

Originally posted by Allan Pilch
          That's a stunning DKG Shane.

Can't wait for you to post your other goodies

Allan

Comment

Congrats Shane! That is truely a beautiful piece of history. I hope to have one as stunning as that one day!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X