BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knight's Cross of the War Merit marked 900, help needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green View Post
    According the book "The War Merit Cross 1.Class and Higher Grades, the S&L RK KVK weight is 58,8 gramm.

The cross "at hand" weights 56,7 gramm! So I donĀ“t think S&L RK KVK is thicker, as you indicate!
    But you are right the cross looks not like an S&L.... I just discovered something new and wanted to find out what this is!

S&L Crosses were/are indeed thicker at the base of the arms (and a little thinner at the ends). 58,8-56,7 leaves us 1.1 gram weight difference between a genuine St&L and the cross in question. Perhaps this is due to an actual St&L being thicker than this one - at least the one that I have inspected in person confirms this.

The "o" mark found on St&L pieces (both during and post war) would not be found on an item like this. You would find that items like Qualification Badges, Assault Badges or Post War Oak Leaves for the Knights Cross. Now the "o" mark on this item...who knows what it is from, but I am firm in my opinion is that it has nothing to do with St&L.

Comment

My first thought was Souval, then S&L. Perhaps a cast of an S&L?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
        My first thought was Souval, then S&L. Perhaps a cast of an S&L?
        I dont even think its a cast of an St&L. The pebbling does not match, neither does the date. This cross does not conform to the characteristics of any known maker -not even Souval (in its post war operation).

Comment

Thanks guys for the effort
          Not the opinions I hoped, but it is what it is

Summary:
          - Fake
          - Soft details
          - Cast of an S&L
          - You could order it up for $39.95+7.69 Shipping
          - This cross does not conform to the characteristics of any known maker
          - One more example is known and also designated as a fake.

Despite all negative reactions.....its for me in hand, a beautifull cross, worn , no cast holes, minor wear damages and a lovely silver patina
          Last edited by Green; 07-17-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Worn? So one of the 257 awarded? Even one of the very, very early ones because of the missing PKZ number! I have extremely doubts about that! But believe is a strong companion!
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X