Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another Juncker for preview

Hello Guys,

Here another Juncker cross. I can't determine excactly which type it is.

For now I know:

- no tear drop 9
    - magnetic
    - crunch bead > juncker core
    - maybe W&L core ?? im not sure about that, imo it doenst match perfectly.
    - dimensions 43,90 x 44.05

Hopefully the pictures with reveal the story ....
    Attached Files

rev
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, nice "full Juncker"

Regards
      Jarek

Comment

Hello Jarek,

Thanks for your fast reply.
        Are you sure its a full Juncker?

Imo it isnt a full Juncker, no tear drop 9 if im correct.

Comment

I would also say not a tear drop 9 core ... but a W&L core .

Douglas

Comment

How many W&L cores we can find ?

When I compare the Juncker with a W&L (mm100) it doesnt match 100%
            Attached Files

Comment

We have 3 main core types and 1 larger date core type ... in all 4 .

Douglas
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Douglas,

All those 4 types can be found on a Juncker framed cross ?

So if Im not mistaken its the W&L 3rd core on my Junkcer cross.

Comment

I don't want to comment on the cores (yet). I only want to state the following:

There were about 50-60 makers of the EK2 and about 5-6 million EK2 were produced, give or take 0.5 million. W&L was most likely one of the more prominent makers of the EK2. It would be reasonable to assume that they had a share of 1/50 at least, most likely more. 1/50 would be 110,000, 1/30 would be 183,000 crosses produced.

How many W&L has the collector community seen? How many were investigated for the determination of core types? 20? 50? 500? 1000? Even 1,000 would represent only 0.9%. I would think that the actual percentage is more in the area of 0.1%.

Now, if 0.1 % (or even 1%) results in three core types, how many might really have been in use for the total number? 300? And how great is the chance to identify three core types out of a sample of 0.1% or even 1%? Just saying ...

With my background in mathematics and statistics I have a problem with the numbers and ask myself whether there are other factors in play, such as paint thickness, stamping force, steel hardness, photo variations, shadows, wishful thinking, ...

Another thing that makes me think is the long use of a frame die in contrast to the alledged use of several core types over the life time of only one such frame die. With the frame die aging, flaws, and such are accepted as alterations in appearance. With the core - at least it seems to me - the first approach is a new type. It is not a big strech to produce 200,000 EK2 cores on one well made, well maintained, and well aligned die. The literature speaks of tool life in the area of 750,000 cycles.

Again, just saying ....

(I am not disputing the existence of different dies with certain makers. There are clearly different dies! But they are clearly different and easily recognizeable!)
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I fully agree with Dietrich.

IMO in many cases (especially the "S & L design" crosses, but W&L and Juncker's too), the experience decides about the recognition, not the comparison pictures with the millimeter calculations of differences. It my opinion.

Originally posted by Buuzert View Post
                    Hello Jarek,

Thanks for your fast reply.
                    Are you sure its a full Juncker?

Imo it isnt a full Juncker, no tear drop 9 if im correct.
                    Maybe you're right, though a "drop of tears" often "wiped" on the core and was not clearly visible later.

To compare the core of the cross signed L / 12 with a well-visible "drop of tears". If these are different cores, I made a mistake.

Regards
                    Jarek
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMO this the type a good Juncker with W&L core

Comment

Yes Jarek - 2 different cores they are .

Douglas
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you Guys for all your replys

Nice to know its a good Cross with a Junkcer frame and a W&L core

Comment

Originally posted by Buuzert View Post
                            How many W&L cores we can find ?

When I compare the Juncker with a W&L (mm100) it doesnt match 100%
                            Eric, why do you think they are not same? It seems only black paint is different, hence slightly making the nummerals different IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
                              Eric, why do you think they are not same? It seems only black paint is different, hence slightly making the nummerals different IMO.
                              Hello Yubari,

Maybe I'm looking too much for details but if I right the shape of the dots on the 3 & 9 are different
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X