Opinion for german cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion for german cross

Dear Collectors I would like to ask you opinion on this german cross and collector value of this model. Thank you
    Attached Files

Original Juncker to me. A pitty for the enamels.
    Ricardo
    https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

I agree. Original Juncker.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Interested in the enamel. Brittle. Saw one in the Canadian War museum 2000 year's ago. The enamel was cracked to the point where a huge section had left. leaving only the silver frame. being so brittle, any slight impact could do it. My question is, for such a high award, would it be not uncommon to get a enamel repair during wartime?

Comment

Originally posted by BILL View Post
          ...edit...
          My question is, for such a high award, would it be not uncommon to get a enamel repair during wartime?
          My guess would be in the field, the wearers of these awards had far more important things to do (lead troops, fight, stay alive). When they returned home most likely rest, time with family and friends, and generally leaving the war behind them best as possible would be top priorities. Getting enamel fixed on an award would be decidedly low on the list of things to do...

Just my thoughts!

best
          H
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Good and nice looking DKiG with the been there look.

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X