Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 "Schinkel" Opinions Please

Hello,

I'd appreciate any and all opinions on the EK II that I believe is a "Schinkel" example.

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Files

two more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Ek

Nice Deumer cross. Jim

Comment

Sorry Jim
        but IMO this the cross a known copy type ,so called Russian schinkel fake "
        so this the cross not original
        Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
        Nice Deumer cross. Jim

Comment

Agree, this is a fake.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your help so far. When did this fake hit the collector market?

Regards,
            Tim

Comment

Ek

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post
              Sorry Jim
              Thank you for pointing this out to me. Jim

Comment

Ek

Sorry Jim
                I am sorry for my mistake. Sanya, Thank you for pointing this out to me. Jim

Comment

They are meant to deceive, and the date is quite similar to Deumer.

It sits too low on the core though, and the uneven width of the frame is another red flag.

These have been around for at least 15 years, they started with an ek1 schinkel with copied Deumer hardware.

Comment

I have never seem EK2 schinkel fake! wow they can fake really everything.. thank you for sharing

Comment

Sorry Jim
                      It's so called "Schinkel Latvian fake". A copy found both in the EK2 and EK1-1939 crosses. Very well made and very dangerous.

Regards
                      Jarek

Comment

Well there's a coincidence.I have been to an arms fair today and was about to part with my hard earned thinking I was onto a bargain.I examined this shinkle.It had me convinced but for three things.-

1/ The one I examined was coming away at the frame and I could see what looked like ridge marks where the core was indented by the frame, may even have been a residue was unable to verify.I could only see this with my magnifier and it didn't sit right with my instincts.

2/ In addition I noticed that the beaded edges were not quite crisp and looked shallow.I got a second opinion from another "trusted"dealer just to be sure and he agreed with my own findings.

3/ The seller was asking £100 for it- mmm a bit cheap perhaps me thinks.
                        Its my first encounter with this schinkel fake.Buyer beware !!

Troy

Comment

Sorry, not good to me

I hope you can take your money back!

Comment

I did not remember this name ,Jarek is gright not Russian ,but Latvian ,but fake
                            Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                            It's so called "Schinkel Latvian fake". A copy found both in the EK2 and EK1-1939 crosses. Very well made and very dangerous.

Regards
                            Jarek

Comment

Thank you again for the feedback and comments. A great education, unfortunately it comes with a price. It was bought over 15 years ago from a dealer that has since retired from the business do to age.

Regards,
                              Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X