X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold, Heavy 20, with Name of the Owner

Hello,

I want to show you this very nice DK.
    I want to show it on E-Stand and need your opinion.
    I can’t find any damages.
    Backside with name of the owner.
    I love the heavy examples ..

Thanks for you help

Regards
    Attached Files

I like this original example, even the hand-engraving looks good IMO.

'Ofw' - Oberfeldwebel? and 3/(F)130 - ('F') flak unit?

Robert

Comment

I'm not sure if there was an (F) /Aufklärungsgruppe 130 and the only Oberfeldwebel named Lorenz that I see among DKiG awardees was with 6./Kampf-Geschwader 4. There was, however, a Seeaufklärungsgruppe 130 which operated out of Finland and Norway and likely patrolled the surrounding seas, etc..

Do you have anything else with the cross? I like it, as scratched engravings or similar are typically faked for "sexy" units and not necessarily long range recon units.
      Last edited by Brian R; 01-30-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
        I like this original example, even the hand-engraving looks good IMO.

'Ofw' - Oberfeldwebel? and 3/(F)130 - ('F') flak unit?

Robert
        No, this would be a long range recon unit. The F is for Fern, or Fernaufklärungsgruppe.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
          I'm not sure if there was an (F) /Aufklärungsgruppe 130 and the only Oberfeldwebel named Lorenz that I see among DKiG awardees was with 6./Kampf-Geschwader 4.

Yep. I found Ernst Lorenz that fits that description.

Any other context with the cross EK Collector?

Comment

Thanks for your help.
            So the name is listed?
            Maybe someone can give me more information about this men?

Unfortunately i didn’t get any other things in context with this cross

Comment

Originally posted by EK Collector View Post
              Thanks for your help.
              So the name is listed?
              Maybe someone can give me more information about this men?

Unfortunately i didn’t get any other things in context with this cross
              There are other LW DKiG recipients with same last name - it’s a pretty common name. So, no, your guy does not appear to specifically be listed but these sources are not 100% complete.

Comment

This is a very nice cross indeed, showing good honest wear. And, for what it’s worth, I believe the engraving/‘scratching’ looks authentic as well. It’s the real deal in my opinion. Nice find!

Robert

Comment

Very nice piece.

Comment

Thanks to all ;-)

Comment

The unit was based around several North Norwegian seaplane bases and was involved in reconnaissance work against the Murmansk convoys, it mainly operated the Bv138 but also some Ar196.

There's several well known photos of the unit out there from it's time working together with uboats and being refueled by them.

It's also worth pointing out that as he would have had to have the ehrenpokal first, there are 3 NCOs with that name that could be potential candidates.
                      Attached Files
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                        The unit was based around several North Norwegian seaplane bases and was involved in reconnaissance work against the Murmansk convoys, it mainly operated the Bv138 but also some Ar196.

There's several well known photos of the unit out there from it's time working together with uboats and being refueled by them.

It's also worth pointing out that as he would have had to have the ehrenpokal first, there are 3 NCOs with that name that could be potential candidates.
                        The only thing I know is, that he also was awarded with the oberver flight Clasp with the Pendant numbered 200

Comment

Beautiful and personalized heavy Zimmermann!

Comment

Originally posted by EK Collector View Post
                            The only thing I know is, that he also was awarded with the oberver flight Clasp with the Pendant numbered 200
                            That's an interesting piece of information, very much worth further research. I have a couple of groupings to members of this staffel. I have also seen the WP to unteroffizier Werner Ludt a bordfunker and ehrenpokal winner from the 1 staffel, he also gained the FFS with 200 pendant in dec.44
                            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

full of history !

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X