Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L RK post war?

Hi Guys,

Please could I get some opinions on this piece before it goes on sale? It's magnetic core and by the looks of the flawing I think a late B type cross which would make it early 57 period?

I'm thinking the loop may be a genuine left over one from the way it is marked near the bend.

Any thoughts or comments much appreciated

Thanks a lot

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Any opinions appreciated

Comment

Hi Patrick

If that is a S&L "B" frame cross as you say, then it should have a pronounced

dent row on the lower three o'clock arm. Can't really tell by your pictures. Does it have the dent row?

Ken

Comment

Patrick - This is a "B" frame cross in (unfortunately) not very good condition. When it was produced is not determinable for sure. The flawing may, or may not, indicate 50's production. I used to subscribe to the idea that the flawing developed over time. Now, I tend to believe that the flawing occurred during a single die run. The 'dent row' is also not determinative, as there are crosses with the row on the lower 3 o'clock arm extending almost to the center of the cross.

Comment

This is surely the most flawed B-frame I have seen so far
            As said, the condition is poor and the core looks somewhat pitted.

Comment

I will try to post another later today.

Comment

Here's one:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                  Here's one:
                  Much nicer to look at. But then again I‘m a sucker for B-frames.

Comment

Many thanks all for confirming- it’s had a tough life for sure but in hand has a really nice look to it

Comment

so many flaws!!! Would love to have such !

Comment

Haven't seen the frame line flaw before ... and surely the "800" mark is fake as well.
                        Though this is a postwar St&L, its thoroughly messed with. Someone made an effort to "genuine" this.

Mathijs
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X