DKiG Narrow Pin No Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG Narrow Pin No Maker

I like the patina on this piece but have never seen one with such a narrow pin.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not an original cross to me. Sorry.
        Ricardo
        https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

It looks vaguely to a cross I sold some months ago to a German collector, but its not the exact same.
          That one was made with mainly wartime parts, but clearly postwar assembled ...

Comment

Thank you for the comments, I'm not 100% sure it is post war yet. Even the starburst is black anodized and not just black painted. So far the pin is the only thing that makes me wonder although similar pins are on period badges. I am not a badge expert so my opinion doesn't hold much weight, I'm hoping for some more comments.

Thanks again, Cliff

Comment

Itis not one of the known makers, that is for sure. How it is made, what of pin or oxidizing are really not criteria for originality.
              It would be very astonishing if a new original maker pops up after more than 75 years!
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

This DK looks very similar to Deschler's 57er version, the hardware and rivets look identical.......
                luuddesch3.jpg
                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

It's post war made.

Comment

I´ll agee on that the pin setup is like the 1957 version so IMO this is a postwar made cross

Andy

Comment

So may be a Deschler 57er with ek removed and swaz added. The swaz doesn't look to the best of quality

Comment

maybe some parts can be war time ( can be for example red plate ) but I think post war made. This kind of hinge-pin set is typical post war..... never see in 1 war time piece and no notice of makers with this kind of set.
                        Overall not bad cross .

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X