Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two EK 1 opinions pls

hi
    what are you think about this two EK 1? maker?
    thx and best regards
    christian
    Attached Files

I think top one is a Deumer.

Comment

First one is genuine C.F. Zimmermann and second one is genuine Paul Meybauer with quite badly repaired and replaced catch.

Best regards,
      Franko

Comment

Casper is right. First one is Deumer indeed. My bad. I make this mistake very often, because I that kind of pin,hinge and catch immediately associate with CF Zimmermann EK1, but Deumer used that rear setup which is very similar, almost identical, to one which used C.F. Zimmermann on their EK1.

Best regards,
        Franko

Comment

Agree, a (probably) early Deumer first, then an earlier Maybauer. Both very nice.

best
          H
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Franjo Vuk View Post
            Casper is right. First one is Deumer indeed. My bad. I make this mistake very often, because I that kind of pin,hinge and catch immediately associate with CF Zimmermann EK1, but Deumer used that rear setup which is very similar, almost identical, to one which used C.F. Zimmermann on their EK1.

Best regards,
            Franko
            Happy i was right about the Deumer. And you are spot on with the Meybauer. i couldn't place it.

I do wonder if the hinge is repaired as well. The cut in the hinge i have marked i haven't seen before. A side shot would be nice.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Casper,

You are right about that hinge. That cut on the hinge is really strange indeed. Hinge is maybe repaired also, just like the catch.

Best regards,
              Franko

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X