Iron Cross medal Bar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross medal Bar Question

Hi, today I ran across a neat set in a local store. A vet bring-back group consisting of some gold political officer buttons, cockade from a political visor and a really neat medal bar: Imperial EK1, Hindenburg Cross, Schliessen Medal, 13 Marz and 1 Okt medals and a beatiful enamel Italian cross, with fine gold wire filligree curly ques (technical expression now) between each arm...not sure what this is. Als0 had the capture papers. The US vet was assigned to the 7th Army in Italy and sent these home. My question would be how much to pay for this. It seems fairly unique to find a court mounted Italian award. His asking price is $395, with probably a 10% haggling margin. It initially seemed overpriced, but after thinking about it...not so sure. Thoughts?

Andy,

I think that you're talking about the "Ordine al merito della corona italiana". Has it a red-white-red ribbon? If yes then it's this order. It's fairly common in Italy, less on a German medal bar. Its price would be around USD 80.-/100.-. With the rosette the class is "ufficiale" (officer) and without it is "cavaliere" (knight).

Herewith I am sending a pic. It is the second from the left.

I hope I this could have been of assistance to you.

Ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

Comment

Claudio...yes thats it on the right, only minus the rosette

Comment

Minus rosette it is the knights cross.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

The Order of the Crown of Italy

As well as the Officer's and Knights badges, there is a commander's neck Cross. Twice the size of the Officer's.
          Instituted 1868. Issued in ww1 and ww2

Regards
          Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X