Is this a loop for a DKiG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a loop for a DKiG?

Hey guys, recently purchased a lightweight artillerie hauptmann tunic from virtualgrenadier and noticed it had loops for what could be a DKiG. Only one problem, the holes for the award appear to be too small for a DKiG pin to fit in without tearing or expanding the fabric a lot. The hole is about only 1mm in diameter and that seems too small for a DKiG. If its not a DKiG what do you guys think it could possibly be for? Thanks again, Will

looks indeed very small for a dkig. Maybe some ww1 or foreigner award?

Comment

Originally posted by Yubari View Post
      looks indeed very small for a dkig. Maybe some ww1 or foreigner award?
      That's what I was thinking too. Like I've seen pics of a gebirgsjager general wearing an edelweiss medal in the same spot. I'm thinking its something weird too like that. Just hard to find any reference pictures so I can have an idea of what to possibly look for.

Comment

I say no, it´s not a loop for a DKiG.
        It´s to small.

Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

This will now be quite a long process of elimination to see what award would go there

Comment

I think it was probably for a Heeresbergführerabzeichen (indeed Gebirgsjäger).
            These were worn on either the left or right pocket and had a thin vertical needle.
            Attached Files

Comment

IMO, someone has simply placed a badge with a thin pin through a pocket the badge did not belong on in the first place. Also, it's actually uncommon to find a badge worn without loops for it to suspend upon due to the damage it cause to the cloth. It would be easier and not cause much damage if the tunic were wool, cotton on the other hand scars easily if continually pierced by repeated placing and removal of whatever badge being worn.

Comment

If there is indication that the Hauptmann might have been a WWI vet than the holes on the right pocket could be for a Gallipoli Star.

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
                  I think it was probably for a Heeresbergführerabzeichen (indeed Gebirgsjäger).
                  These were worn on either the left or right pocket and had a thin vertical needle.
                  It could possibly be this, unlikely as I’m pretty sure this was quite the rare award and is not a gebirgsjäger tunic. Real slim chance but I’ll probably end up trading it for something nicer like a tunic with actual loops for a DKiG.

Comment

What branch is it?

I would stay with Gallipoli Star.

Gary B

Comment

Most Gallipoli Stars have a lateral pin, not a vertical one as shown here.

Ian

Comment

Ian,

I agree, but, as you note, there are some with vertical pins and the distance between the holes led me to my conclusion.

Gary B

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                          What branch is it?

I would stay with Gallipoli Star.

Gary B
                          It is artillery branch. The thin vertical pins for the Gallipoli star look like they would fit perfect. I’m pretty convinced it’s that now rather than the gebirgsjäger one.

Comment

too little for a DK

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X