BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance this Knight's Cross or the ribbon is original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance this Knight's Cross or the ribbon is original?

Hi Guys,

I don't have much hope about this Knights Cross being original but would appreciate opinions. The suspender is stamped 800 and the frame is unmarked. It has a magnetic core. If a copy, is it a good copy or junk?

I am more hopeful about the ribbon which passes the black light test.

Many thanks for looking and for all comments received.

All the best, Guy
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ancientrelicsuk View Post
    Hi Guys,

I don't have much hope about this Knights Cross being original but would appreciate opinions. The suspender is stamped 800 and the frame is unmarked. It has a magnetic core. If a copy, is it a good copy or junk?

I am more hopeful about the ribbon which passes the black light test.

Many thanks for looking and for all comments received.

All the best, Guy

Maybe a Souval?
    Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Comment

Hello Guy

Your cross is in fact an Austrian piece made by the firm of Rudolph Souval. It's a mid production piece. Certain collectors love these {including myself}. They are of low value so easy affordable. There are a few haters of these here on the forum. I'm sure they will chime in with their usual criticism. Too bad about the rust but otherwise a nice piece.

Ken

Comment

Thanks Ken, Thomas,
        I bought it as a filler some years ago - I guess it will be the closest I'll get to having a Knight's Cross Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kecon View Post
          Hello Guy

Your cross is in fact an Austrian piece made by the firm of Rudolph Souval. It's a mid production piece. Certain collectors love these {including myself}. They are of low value so easy affordable. There are a few haters of these here on the forum. I'm sure they will chime in with their usual criticism. Too bad about the rust but otherwise a nice piece.

Ken
          I agree.

Comment

Thanks, Tom

Comment

I’d sort the rust. Probably just gently clean it (the rusted spots not the whole core), with a brush to remove the dirt and expose the blued metal underneath. Just the rusted area. It’s a nice example of the cheaper neusilber frame. A good filler with nice patina.

Comment

Thanks Tony, good advice.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X