Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuz - Preliminary award documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuz - Preliminary award documents

Hi all - I am considering the purchase of a Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuz to a Luftwaffe ingenieurkorps officer, which comes with the medal and a preliminary award document. The document is dated 10 Feb 45, so quite late in the war. The officer might not have received the full and complete documentation by the end of the war.

Medals and award docs are not my thing - was there a standard format for preliminary award documents for this award? Would someone have any examples that they could post?

Thanks,

Brad C

With Swords or without?
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Dietrich - with swords

Thanks,

Brad C

Comment

Yep, saw it in today's update and was wondering about the document, too.

Comment

As presented and discussed in thsi book:

http://bdpublish.com/epages/4d7f6574...ucts/BD-BR-020
          Attached Files
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks Dietrich, much appreciated. The certificate for sale that I am looking at is quite different. It seems to be signed by an Oberst without any of the KvK illustration, etc. Did these preliminary documents have variations?

The award document is for Flieger-Stabsingenieur Friedrich Wiedmann, who I beleive was one of four Luftwaffe ingenieurkorps officers who may have been awarded the RK KvK.

For those that have access, the grouping is here - https://www.militaria-scholz.de/en/s...p/article:2489 (I suspect the dealer won't mind me linking to his site).

Thanks,

BC

Comment

To my knowledge there were no variations. I have copies of the orders to the Reichs printing office and they are all based on the same template. Why would there be variations for an award with such low award numbers?
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Close up of inked stamped seal.
                Attached Files
                Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

I see no problem with the Militaria Scholz grouping!
                  As with award citations for the KC of the Iron Cross, Luftwaffe (as well as Kriegsmarine) could very well have had their own citations for the WMC, too.
                  Scholz is one of the most reliable and serious dealers on the market. Often more expensive than other dealers, but IMO you can buy with confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    I see no problem with the Militaria Scholz grouping!
                    As with award citations for the KC of the Iron Cross, Luftwaffe (as well as Kriegsmarine) could very well have had their own citations for the WMC, too.
                    Scholz is one of the most reliable and serious dealers on the market. Often more expensive than other dealers, but IMO you can buy with confidence!
                    I would sign this. I done 3 purchases for quite some money and I look at their stuff for some time already and never saw a single wrong item. Bit pricy, but its business after all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X