Knight's Cross for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Cross for Review...I assume it's bogus, but I appreciate expert opinions, so feel free to critique this one for reference. Thanks for looking. Ed
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like two different RK's to me ????

Comment

Tom, my goof, the photos were mixed up.

Comment

Hello Ed

The first cross is a Souval for sure. Need some better pictures of the second.
          Has somewhat of a Juncker flair to it. But don't quote me on that.

Ken

Comment

In the first two photos the cross to the right is Souval, with what appear to be dodgy markings, the other needs way better photos. The markings suggest S&L markings, but whether that is what it really is will depend to begin with on good straight on photos of the front and rear.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll get better photos of each. Ed

Comment

The one with the dates which are very close to the lower beading is a copy which has been around for a long time, found with many different markings ("2", "20", etc.). Note how the "1" and "8" on the reverse date are virtually linked. There is some thought that these legitimately started out as an early war cross by a private maker which never supplied the government and then were "born again" after the war. I must say that I have seen a couple of examples of such a cross which were simply marked "800" and were very nice, indeed (but did not have the linkage between the "1" and "8"). This type is shown by Gordon Williamson as a copy and actually appears in Dietrich's book (with 1957 type core) attached to a set of Brilliants (although no mention of maker is made).

Comment

Very interesting info thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                    The one with the dates which are very close to the lower beading is a copy which has been around for a long time, found with many different markings ("2", "20", etc.). Note how the "1" and "8" on the reverse date are virtually linked. There is some thought that these legitimately started out as an early war cross by a private maker which never supplied the government and then were "born again" after the war. I must say that I have seen a couple of examples of such a cross which were simply marked "800" and were very nice, indeed (but did not have the linkage between the "1" and "8"). This type is shown by Gordon Williamson as a copy and actually appears in Dietrich's book (with 1957 type core) attached to a set of Brilliants (although no mention of maker is made).
                    I agree. Tom

Comment

I just got more photos and will post one KC at a time in a new thread.

Comment

For future reference, here

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=963375

Comment

Study, study !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X