Hans-Joachim Merks's RK "Lazy 2" 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
    Genuine cross with funky ribbon from the family of a guy who was never awarded the cross! Not in the Scherzer = no legitimater recipient! Who knows where he got the cross from?
    so the Donitz decree is something you are not willing to listen?
    if the Hitler makes same, I doubt anyone would question it.

Comment

.. and dont get me wrong guys, I am very keen on such discussion. People should know about this stuff and any productive discussion is good discussion!
      I am going to contact Mr. Scherzer with the documents and hopefully will start some sort of discussio with him. Will keep you updated.
      Last edited by Yubari; 05-18-2018, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBrick View Post
        .. and dont get me wrong guys, I am very keen on such discussion. People should know about this stuff and any productive discussion is good discussion!
        I am going to contact Mr. Scherzer with the documents and hopefully will start some sort of discussio with him. Will keep you updated.
        Very nice grouping with documents. There will always be detractors from groupings/items posted. Not everything is as clear cut as the "texts" describe. Very nice grouping! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by BBrick View Post
          so the Donitz decree is something you are not willing to listen?
          if the Hitler makes same, I doubt anyone would question it.
          It has nothing to do with Dönitz but rather with the statutes of the Order of the Iron Cross as instituted by Hitler. No POW or soldier who has surrendered was entitled to any grade of the order. The Wehrmacht surrendered on May 8. Did Dönitz change the statues? No!
          But you can believe what you want, I know my history and I also know the shady deals of Fellgiebel!
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Generaladmiral Warzecha died in 1956 before any of the rush to acquire multi-thousand dollar RK Docs from Recipients. I think it was well intentioned and interesting by Warzecha but the paper is only worth what his signature is worth and in the historical context of a free for all for RKs to friends and comrades rules be damned. Bottom line for me it's an awesome RK. Ribbon and paper don't add much value for me personally but I am sure many find it a slice of history from the time. As a grouping for me it is worth the price of the Lazy 2 RK.

Comment

This grouping has many great documents and awards and plenty research hours ahead! Brian, you namely please start with Donitz's decree.
              Last edited by Yubari; 05-18-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                It has nothing to do with Dönitz but rather with the statutes of the Order of the Iron Cross as instituted by Hitler. No POW or soldier who has surrendered was entitled to any grade of the order. The Wehrmacht surrendered on May 8. Did Dönitz change the statues? No!
                But you can believe what you want, I know my history and I also know the shady deals of Fellgiebel!
                Well, all RK recipients who surrendered are in fact also not rightful owners then! As the awards were just lend, it should be this way, right? Hundreds of RK recipients even fled and not just surrendered as well... it is just about interpreting the data more than 70 years after the war.
                I love that part of collecting as well as whole RK grouping as it is, especially the research ahead!

Dietrich , btw please check Otto Kretschmer. When he got his swords and where he was back that time. ;-)
                Last edited by Yubari; 05-18-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

...AFTER surrender one was not THEN awarded RK.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X