Hans-Joachim Merks's RK "Lazy 2" 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hans-Joachim Merks's RK "Lazy 2" 800

New addition to my collection. Very characteristic RK from Juncker!

Looking forward to comments regarding the little ribbon bar sized ribbon added to the RK large ribbon.

Comment

Gorgeous lazy 2

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
        Looking forward to comments regarding the little ribbon bar sized ribbon added to the RK large ribbon.
        what do you mean?

Comment

Complete grouping there:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...68#post8167068

Comment

really nice lazy2 .I also have the honor to own one.

Comment

Originally posted by BBrick View Post
              what do you mean?
              Not fully accepted...
              Regards,
              Mats

Comment

I like the "lazy 2" and all, but Mr. Merk was not a legal Knight's Cross holder.

I wonder whether he was actually still handed out a cross a month after the war had ended.

Markus

Comment

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                    I like the "lazy 2" and all, but Mr. Merk was not a legal Knight's Cross holder.

I wonder whether he was actually still handed out a cross a month after the war had ended.

Markus
                    as the oder to award few captains from kriegsmarine was given by Fuhrer Donitz, I would not question it at all.
                    wouls you questioned it, if Hitler would skip part od the byrocracy and award the crosses? Especially, in this case, when he was dkig holder..

I know that he was not officialy recognized by wast but he was accepted by knight cross holders association!!

For me all.above mentioned is enough big reference! Donitz, dkig holder, KCA + award document and depeche = fair enough.

Also I do believe his RK is not accepted only because practically small things. Donitz order (decree) was given still during the war but little ceremony took place unluckilly after shortly the war as well as issue of the official document (common practice during whole war) so Third Reich did not exist officially back that time!

Does it change anything? Simply superb RK holder grouping with uncommon background! Nobody can question Donitz or wasr for 70 years old decisions!

Comment

as the oder to award few captains from kriegsmarine was given by Fuhrer Donitz, I would not question it at all.
                      wouls you questioned it, if Hitler would skip part od the byrocracy and award the crosses? Especially, in this case, when he was dkig holder..

I know that he was not officialy recognized by wast but he was accepted by knight cross holders association!!

For me all.above mentioned is enough big reference! Donitz, dkig holder, KCA + award document and depeche = fair enough.

Also I do believe his RK is not accepted only because practically small things. Donitz order (decree) was given still during the war but little ceremony took place unluckilly after shortly the war as well as issue of the official document (common practice during whole war) so Third Reich did not exist officially back that time!

Does it change anything? Simply superb RK holder grouping with uncommon background! Nobody can question Donitz or wasr for 70 years old decisions!
                      Definitely a group worthwhile collecting, I agree.

Is there proof this "lazy 2" came from the recipient's estate originally?

Can you post a copy of the postwar "Bestätigung" from the governmental office which you show in the other thread. It's interesting, but not clearly readable.

Markus

Comment

A knights cross which believe that this is from the estate from a not knights cross winner Merks ! A funny story .

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
                          A knights cross which believe that this is from the estate from a not knights cross winner Merks ! A funny story .
                          that type of comment when you do not have clue about RK in general, took no time to read all comments and did not take a single minute to google the list of the RK recipients.

Comment

that type of comment when you do not have clue about RK in general, took no time to read all comments and did not take a single minute to google the list of the RK recipients.
                            I think it's a ligitimate question whether Merks actually received a cross physically still. (A Juncker "lazy 2" would be fitting)

Does anyone here have experience with the Dönitz awards and whether actual awards were still handed out to the recipient?

There's a document in this group (dated 1956?) where the German authorities confirm all wartime decorations to Merks. The award with the Knight's Cross is not mentioned in this list/ confirmation.

Cheers
                            Markus

Comment

At this late Stage of the War absolute all and everything was possible. They all know it is over, and my guess is they simple did not care anymore how it should be done official. Good thing would be if there is some proof that this is his actual Cross he got handed out. It is of course possible that it is a later put together Group or he got himself the Cross later....whatever, if there is no written Document it will be impossible to proof or disproof. At the End it is a matter of money...would i pay the full price what is asked for a KC Group? No never. Price for each item and done
                              Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 05-16-2018, 07:23 AM.
                              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X