museum in kiev russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

museum in kiev russia

has anybody been to the museum in kiev russia that has the iron crosses under the floor i think its glass in the shape of an iron cross i dont know exactly how many but ive heards there were loads,
    thanks chay

somebody posted on of more pics of this load of crosses, but I really donĀ“t recall where it is / was...

ben

Comment

mmm,it was my uncle that went about 10 years ago ,ill find out if he took any pictures and the get the full storey off him,

chay

Comment

Somebody posted a picture of a pile made from Iron Crosses in the shape of a HUGE Iron Cross!
        Junior

Comment

Kiev in Ukraine now not Russia

Mikael

Comment

Attached Files
            George

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
              Kiev in Ukraine now not Russia

Mikael

Comment

snap george

Comment

That must be around 1000 ek2s. Did they get these from actual POWs or from a factory?

Comment

Gebirgsjager77

I have no problem looking at that twice!
                    George

Comment

Well that is just about amazing - though it makes you wonder why - the symbolism is a bit too...German to me.

Comment

Wasn't there another museum in Russia - I think is was Moskau - where a lot of EK's were stored in a very long glas vitrine around the outer walls of a room? It really looked like an Aquarium filled to the top with "EK-fishes".

Dietrich
                        B&D PUBLISHING
                        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by eindecker2
                          Well that is just about amazing - though it makes you wonder why - the symbolism is a bit too...German to me.
                          It makes perfect sense if they really are in the floor and you can WALK all over them To the victor go the spoils. Remember in Saddam Hussein Int'l Airport he had the likeness of George Bush Sr. in tiles on the floor so that all visitors could walk all over his face.

-Shane

Comment

WOW In Arabian countries, I believe it's looked upon as a big insult, for the sole of someone's footwear to touch you.

Comment

Yea - I guess that makes sense...well here is what we thought of the airport...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X