Fake engraving???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake engraving???

What is up with all the fancy engraved medals popping up.
    These are all for sale, some look good but I question the engraving.
    Some are made if 800 and 835 silver.

Could these all be legit or is this some of that new laser work being added to original medals?
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Junk.

Where are they listed?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
        Junk.

Where are they listed?
        I agree they are not war time engraved.Cliff

Comment

It's suppose to be a private estate sale from a past collector.
          Personally I think it is a collection going up for sale and it is being "salted" with fakes.
          I do not think that it is posted online yet.

Does anyone know who is faking these?
          I have seen known original WW1 flying badges that were all engraved exactly the same.
          The person who showed these badges to me said that a laser scanner was used to copy the original engravings on one badge and then had them transferred by a laser engraver to the two other badges.
          Three badges, all original from different makes. They were all engraved exactly the same and only one was truly correct.
          The scanner picked up every little detail including 3D scratches on the original badge and transferred them to the two other badges.
          Very SCARY !!!

Comment

The iron crosses themselves are fake.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              The iron crosses themselves are fake.
              Agreed. These are just fantasy pieces. Even the Coastal Arty is junk. An engraved badge to Frisius in September 1944 while surrounded at Dunkirk is just silly. I’m not sure he even earned the award, let alone this “enhanced” fake. His name is even spelled wrong!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
                It's suppose to be a private estate sale from a past collector.
                Personally I think it is a collection going up for sale and it is being "salted" with fakes.
                I do not think that it is posted online yet.

Does anyone know who is faking these?
                I have seen known original WW1 flying badges that were all engraved exactly the same.
                The person who showed these badges to me said that a laser scanner was used to copy the original engravings on one badge and then had them transferred by a laser engraver to the two other badges.
                Three badges, all original from different makes. They were all engraved exactly the same and only one was truly correct.
                The scanner picked up every little detail including 3D scratches on the original badge and transferred them to the two other badges.
                Very SCARY !!!
                I wouldn’t worry about the story that these were laser copied from originals. I don’t believe the originals ever existed, and I’d like to see the WWI badges you are referring to.

Comment

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=143158

I found it ! They are on proxybid and end very soon.

I wish I had photos of the WW1 badges that were engraved via laser. That was a few years back and the dealer who had them had showed them to me as a form of educational help because he knew I liked early aviation badges.
                  He has since passed away.
                  He bought them directly from the source, and he used them to show collectors what was happening out there. As far as I know, never tried to sell them.
                  They came from eastern Europe, but I do not recall exactly where.
                  All I will say was that his name was Darrell and he was well respected.
                  After he passed, who knows what happened to them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X