Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 EK1 with Spange question

Hello,
    Does anyone know if the famous maker Assmann made a one piece WW1 EK1 and Spange. Can anyone provide a photo of such an item.
    Many thanks,
    Vince

combo

To my knowledge Assmann did not make spanges. Jim

Comment

I'd like to see a pic of what you are talking about...
      regards
      jon

Comment

I agree with Jim that Assmann is not known to have made EK spanges.

However...I have a picture of an Assmann catalog page (page 134 no idea of what edition but definitely war time Assmann) in my archives showing both a first class (item 27305) and a second class (item 27294) EK 1914 spange but not an EK1 combo. Usually the Assmann catalog shows good quality enhanced pictures of original items they produced but for these EK spanges, (and for the stick pins for both items) the illustrations are "generic looking" line drawings (not pictures) that I cant match to any specific spange design I have ever seen. This makes me think (and its just an opinion) they may have kept & sold EK spanges as part of their product offerings but that these were probably 3rd party products that may have changed over time.

I you have a marked Assmann combo I would also love to see it

JC

Comment

Ek

On the EKI look at the foot of the one and there should be an indent. If it is flat across the bottom it is not an Assmann. Have attached photo of an Assmann. Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

My thanks to all who have answered my question. If I can get a photo of this item I will post it. It is coming from an elderly militaria dealer who may be mistaken about the markings on the reverse of this combo. Assman markings are said to be on the reverse of the cross, spange and pin. Time will tell.
            Thanks again,
            Vince

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
            On the EKI look at the foot of the one and there should be an indent. If it is flat across the bottom it is not an Assmann. Have attached photo of an Assmann. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
              Sorry to disagree Jim...While you are certainly right for the 1939 version judging from your picture, the 1914 EK I and EKII (which would be used in an Assmann combo not the 39 version) dont have the "indent" in the lower arm based on the pictures shown in the Assmann Catalog (items # 24006 & 24008) unless the indent is a die flaw that occured later on Assmann frames

Best

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X