Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whose the maker of this DKIG

Hello everyone,

I’m curious as to who the maker of this DKIG would be? From the little research I’ve done, I think it is an unmarked S&L example. Thanks everyone!

Justin
    Attached Files

Reverse 1
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse 2
      Attached Files

Comment

I wonder if it might be a parts example as the mm has been belted out and the rivets played with. Just a guess so it will be interesting to see what people think.

Comment

That DKiG have someone messed with

Andy

Comment

Taken apart? Or like a “Frankenstein” cross?

It’s going for a rather good price so I’m considering it! Even as a placeholder for a nicer example in the future.

Thanks guys, appreciating the feedback

Comment

Has all the characteristics of an Otto Klein. The hinge and hook from what I can see support this as does the wreath. Nice patina shame about the enamel damage but not the end of the world. Counter sunk rivets on the rear cant say for certain whats happened to them. Also the damage to the centre of the rear star where the maker mark would be is strange. It may or may not have been taken apart I cant say for sure. I like it though but I have seen this cross before but cant remember where or when. If the price is right why not.
              Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

134 to me. Why they erased the number? If have doubts of it (small) swast, probably not original. I would pass of it.
                Ricardo
                https://www.brunomadomedals.com/en/

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if they might have used the back plate etc from a 134 with other parts and got rid of the number to cover things a little. Interesting.

Comment

Looks like a Zimmerman to me but mm placement would lead me to think Klein.

Maybe a mixture of both??

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc View Post
                      Looks like a Zimmerman to me but mm placement would lead me to think Klein.

Maybe a mixture of both??

Lee
                      I did think Zimmerman as well initially but looking at the rivets they look counter sunk as opposed to Zimmerman and the hinge looks like a Klein, what we can see of it. I wasn't taking to much notice of the missing mm as it is missing
                      Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Cross is up for sale as a “vet bring back” on SVMilitaria. Interesting conclusions guys I’m learning quite a bit

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X