Field Made RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Made RK

A potential customer has asked if I would post this medal on the forum for comment. We welcome the opinions of the forum...

See: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=955248

Thank you, Keith

As any other of the field made RK's its impossible to say if it was made in 1943 or in 1983. However it seems very well made compared to the 'others' i have seen.

Comment

This is what I imagine a field made ek/rk would look like, with the ring moved/ replaced to take an rk like ribbon loop, but that is of course no proof of when it was made. Only a period photo of it in wear would answer that.

Comment

Nice example IF...IF its a war time piece ! Tom

Comment

As others have said: without provenance, it's just an EK2 with a different attachment/ribbon.

best
          H
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

What Hank said. +1

Chet
            Zinc stinks!

Comment

+1 and noting that the lead seal is a bauble that potentially only proves the medal rig is about 20 years old at least, which is far short of wartime.

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
              What Hank said. +1

Chet

Comment

So the question can then return to any providence related to the cross and whether a photo of the wartime owner, with it in wear, can be found.

Comment

Unless I received one of these from the owner himself, I would not pay any more than for a regular EK2. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X